Shopping for some LED tail lights.. need your opinions!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rojo212

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've recently been searching for some aftermarket led tail lights. I havent really found any that have very good reviews. Thought I would ask for some of your opinions on which manufacturers have been good and which ones to stay away from. thanks

Backinblack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a pair of Spec D tails on for 8 months before one lost the top square. One week later the whole thing was toast. Glad I kept the OE.
The price on these lights varies. This is due to the length of the warranty offered by the vender. Mine were the least expensive, but only provided a 90 day warranty. Some venders offer the identical lights with a one year warranty, but expect to pay $80-100 more. You're buying an insurance policy.
Stick with the stockers, get some high quality led bulbs and resisters and save yourself some grief.

infinitereality

SLC IR/8
Reaction score
Be forewarned, some of our trucks likes LED lights and some don't. Mine falls into the "not" class. Had Spyder LED tails, never could get them to work and they had resistors already on them. Sold them to brother-in-law with a FX4 and work perfect on his.

I also tried with LED bulbs and every combo of resistance under the sun with no luck to get bulbs or Spyder LED tails to work properly.

Oddly enough I can run LED front signals with no issues or resistors. Tried all the above resistor combos with stock and LED bulbs, no dice.

no1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Recon tail and 3rd

i bought Recon tail,3rd and mirror smoked led lights and they look decent. Not any means excellent but doable :) PS tail light do not fit as good as DS. PS side moves little bit even it's tighten pretty hard (don't want to brake plastic). And mirror lights are the same way but with one exception that now DS don't fit that well.
Ok, they are bit expensive but if it lasts 1 year you pay 1 dollar per day of using smoked lights. In my book keeping thats not that much ;) I use my money for lot worst things.

-J

:hitit:

cubiefan101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do not use autoanything.com I bought spyder led smoked tail lights. Had them for 5 weeks than condensation and water started to accumulate in the passenger side. Called them and they told me sorry it's a common problem. Try using silicone. So after my nice words I said and hung up, I took them off for a week to dry. And silicone them. Two days later same thing. They're garbage.

JoshLEO137

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tried going to LED bulbs with resistors and they didn't work at all. I ended up ordering a set of taillights from The Lighting Firm. They use all halogen bulbs and then have a double LED strip around the edge of the light to look like the new 2015 taillights. It's a switchback so it flashes with the turn signals. Since the actual bulbs aren't LED and the strip just piggybacks off the stock halogen bulb there is no flashing issues. I have only one right now as the second got damaged in shipping. I will have a new one soon and can post pictures. Installed one just to test and they look great. Even when I had just LED bulbs I couldn't tell a huge difference over stock for the taillights bulb. Also the taillights I have come with a two year warranty which is way better then anything else out right now.

infinitereality

SLC IR/8
Reaction score
I tried going to LED bulbs with resistors and they didn't work at all. I ended up ordering a set of taillights from The Lighting Firm. They use all halogen bulbs and then have a double LED strip around the edge of the light to look like the new 2015 taillights. It's a switchback so it flashes with the turn signals. Since the actual bulbs aren't LED and the strip just piggybacks off the stock halogen bulb there is no flashing issues. I have only one right now as the second got damaged in shipping. I will have a new one soon and can post pictures. Installed one just to test and they look great. Even when I had just LED bulbs I couldn't tell a huge difference over stock for the taillights bulb. Also the taillights I have come with a two year warranty which is way better then anything else out right now.

I'm curious to see how these will look!

HAP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the Sped D's for over a year now with no issues. To me they are the best looking tail LED.

infinitereality

SLC IR/8
Reaction score

After I replied yesterday, I checked out their site. Holy shit, those are wicked looking!! I wish they were wired for running lights and tails operated like stock, but that could be an easy fix. Please post pictures when you get them, I want a set BAD now!

I have the Sped D's for over a year now with no issues. To me they are the best looking tail LED.

Got pics to share?