Rigid RDS 54" and upfitter switches

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Novak94

Reaction score
Hey guys, im thinking about getting a rigid 54" curved light bar for above the windshield. I noticed that the amperage draw on the bar is just over 29amps. The upfitter switches(first two) are fused for 30 amps so i was wondering how you guys normally power up this light bar? If it comes with a wiring harness with appropriate gauge wire and fusing i could use that and run the upfitter switch as the low side trigger.

Also what would you guys expect to pay for a used one?

THANKS!

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
some guys just use the switch. but if you want to be completely safe and not risk blowing a fuse, you can use a (40amp) relay with a 40 amp fuse inline

HAYNES OFFROAD

aka Wreckless
Reaction score
While you CAN just barley eeek by with the OEM 30 amp fuse/relay, it would be better to run a 40 amp relay/fuse as Noah stated above.

I havnt seen many used RDS series, but hit me up, I'll get you set on a really good price on new.

-Joseph Haynes

OP
OP
Novak94

Novak94

Reaction score
Thanks for the responces guys! Ill get a 40 amp fuse and relay if i install one.

Another random question...has anyone ever seen fake rigid bars? What i mean is light bars that say rigid on them but are really Chinese replicas? Just want to make sure im buying the real thing if i go with a used one...

HAYNES OFFROAD

aka Wreckless
Reaction score
Thanks for the responces guys! Ill get a 40 amp fuse and relay if i install one.

Another random question...has anyone ever seen fake rigid bars? What i mean is light bars that say rigid on them but are really Chinese replicas? Just want to make sure im buying the real thing if i go with a used one...

Yea I have seen a couple fake Rigid bars before. Sometimes can be hard to tell, but one way is looking at the the way its built. "RIGID USA" is stamped on the faceplate ends, the optics/lenses do not have visible screws, and has a 2 bolt mounting setup on each end, and usually the wiring harness should be terminated with a weatherpack connector and not just open wires.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter