Rigid fog lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TBONE21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. I'm wanting to put those 2 small lights in the front bumper. I passed a blue raptor on the highway the other day and the inner were amber. The outer space were white. I though it would be a simple order but there are duallys, there are d2's. Flood, spot, wide......the list goes on. I drive mostly on the road but want the brightness to match the trucks headlights and such.

What in the heck do I need to tell my vendor to order that will be prefect for me? Everyone says the d2 whatever is brighter and sells more but I don't know what to order. I just know that blue raptor looked bad as heck going down the highway with that amber and white combo in each bumper hole.

Thanks in advance.

jschell1309

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are a ton of options for the fogs through rigid industries. I am still debating on the setup I want. I found the FAQ on their site to be helpful in understanding the difference between D2 and Dually and the different beam patterns. Give it a read through and it should answer some of these questions.

http://www.rigidindustries.com/faqs

I think personally I was going to go with the D2 in Amber driving facing forward as fogs that I can run on the highway. Going to pair those with Duallys in flood facing outwards at and angle and use the on a separate switch for off road driving only. Probably going to pair those floods with a 20" bar in the bumper hole on the same switch for all off-road lighting and only run the driving ambers as fogs when I need them on road.

To me this seems like a killer setup and covers all the conditions you would need. I would be hesitant to use the spot or floods in white on road as you could be blinding other drivers.

Last edited:

HAYNES OFFROAD

aka Wreckless
Reaction score
Please keep in mind running any dually or D2 is illegal on the street as they are a Offroad light. The light output can really blind oncoming traffic.

With that said, I would go with the D2's as they have much better beam pattern options than the duallys. Not to mention much brighter.

The d2 driving beam would work well for you as it provides a good mix of spot and wide, giving the most coverage from each light. 1 pair white, and 1 pair Amber on separate switches would work very well.

Now if you want to run on the street LEGAL, rigid does make a DOT approved version. The beam pattern is specifically made to NOT blind oncoming traffic and is only available as white. Pair this with a set of D2 ambers and you got a great setup that you can run legally (partially). :)

Hit me up @TBONE21 I will be happy to assist you further and get you setup! (Always good prices and shipping is always free on lighting products)

-Joseph Haynes

AlternativeOffroad

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Just as we discussed yesterday, if you are concerned about driving on-road I would stick with at least one pair of the DOT Approved Duallys, and one pair of the Amber Driving D2's. I think that would be the best setup for the situation you are describing :)

Ironhorse07

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The choices can definitely drive you crazy. What I did on mine was 2 sets of d2 clear driving pattern on separate switches. Then I also got a set of amber covers. So far here in central Montana I have not had any problems running the ambers onroad, nobody has flashed me yet either. Maybe the covers cut some of the light output. The LEOs here don't seem to be as big of sticklers about lights as some other areas so your mileage may vary.

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
As many have already mentioned... D2 driving beam. Get white and then the amber covers if you want amber. Favorite light I ever owned for the truck. The output from the fog light kit is perfect with those driving beams.

freedommotorsports.us

Phone: 260-444-7503
Email: [email protected]

FreedomLogo.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter