Rigid 50" Roof Mount - need help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't have a write-up but did install one last summer on a friends truck. We used the N-Fab bracket which is now the same as the one Rigid sells, with this type of bracket you will have to drill holes through your roof to secure the mount with nuts and bolts, we also drilled holes for the wires to pass through the roof for a clean install. Rigid use to have a black wire on one side and a Red wire on the other side of the light, now they have changed to smaller wires on one side only. What bracket do you plan on using?
If you have any questions fire away

Last edited:

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Lol I would be scared to drill into my roof.

OP
OP
iSurvive

iSurvive

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't have a write-up but did install one last summer on a friends truck. We used the N-Fab bracket which is now the same as the one Rigid sells, with this type of bracket you will have to drill holes through your roof to secure the mount with nuts and bolts, we also drilled holes for the wires to pass through the roof for a clean install. Rigid use to have a black wire on one side and a Red wire on the other side of the light, now they have changed to smaller wires on one side only. What bracket do you plan on using?

I remember your post when you were helping your buddy. Do the brackets come with instructions for mounting on the roof? How easy is it to run the wiring? I assume the roof lining needs to be pulled back some to do the install.

Any tips or tricks would be appreciated.

I don't see any roof mount hardware on Rigid's website??

Last edited:

1ntheoc

Full Access Member
Reaction score

you sir, are very brave!

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The N-Fab came with no instructions or template for alignment for drilling. I recently ordered one from Rigid thinking it was going to be the clamp-on style but when it arrived it looked almost identical to the N-Fab style bolt on.
The Roof has 3 layers of metal the first is easy to drill like butter the second is not! The third layer is about an inch lower than the second so it needs to be enlarged so that you can get a socket with a nut and washer through it. I used a step drill for this opening.
You will need to remove some of the trim and lower the head liner to do this and run the wires. The wires don't need to be run trough the firewall but over to the glove box for connection.
The first 50" I ordered came with a positive lead wire on one side and a negative on the other, a recent 50" that I got had the two wires on one side with a plug like all other Rigid lights so they have changed.
I don't see the brackets on the web site but they can get them if you call.

Last edited:

RigidIndustries

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Please give us a call and we would be more then happy to help you threw it and answer any questions or concerns that you have. Thanks
480-655-0100

Netix

Banned
Reaction score
IT WAS HARD HAHAHAHA. i did it on a guys truck alone took me the whole night and 20 beers. if you need any help id be happy but show me pics of what your doing or something... i guess i could help now if you needed to ask questions

---------- Post added at 06:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:47 PM ----------

yeah rob, i perfected it though.... like i installed that guys light better than we did mine kinda lol... just because you do it once its so much easier. and getting smaller inside washers helped as well! also i used rubber washers with everything else to seal everything nice and tight.
it took me 6hr cause i was kinda drunk started at midnight and doing alone is a pain in the ass, you need a buddy to be there.

OP
OP
iSurvive

iSurvive

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Please give us a call and we would be more then happy to help you threw it and answer any questions or concerns that you have. Thanks
480-655-0100

Hey guys, thanks for the offer! Can you tell me about or include a pic of your roof mount brackets?

I am really looking for the lowest profile roof mount brackets available. I've seen the nfab brackets - some pictures make them look very high, and other pics make them look low profile (so now I'm confused). I have heard you sell some brackets, but not on your website.

Cheers!

Netix

Banned
Reaction score
with the light mounted it is pretty low profile with the roof of the truck. 3 inches or so
should i make a video or something showing how i did it? will that help?
for another guys insstallation i used rigid roof mounts, i like my nfab ones better.. the curve of the rigids didnt follow the curve on the truck roof unlike my nfabs which followed the shape of the roof snugly.
if you have any more questions shoot