Red interior dome light

• Thread starter Deleted member 12951
  • Start date

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 12951

OP did you ever get the proper setup for the map or dome lights? If so any pics?

Nope, decided to leave it like it is for now. Happy with the cargo light upgrade though with the XP50's.

Reaction score
I got my red map lights from recon and used a regular white LED for the dome light for when I really need light. The 2 map lights I have up front are very bright. About 3 times as bright as that dome light in the pic. I know that recon has a bad rep., but they are just lights so I figured Id give them another try and it worked just fine. I also got their entry lights under the side mirrors red and boy does it look cool at night :everything:

Reaction score
Pics or it never happened Wise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The pictures came out not in landscape so I guess just tilt your head, apologies.
Little late but finally found time to prove in some pictures. The pictures dont really capture the sheer brightness of the actual light. Id recommend Recon for these and maybe the taillights, but nothing further than that.

Attachments

• 20160418_212440.jpg
    20160418_212440.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 108
  • 20160418_212450.jpg
    20160418_212450.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 104
  • 20160418_212402.jpg
    20160418_212402.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 119

RPD STARS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did the same thing and replaced all the lights with red leds. 9 diode cubes in the maps and 12 diode board in the back. Couldn't be happier! It is darker then the white obviously but as said in earlier posts, I wanted the ability to see inside the cab AND the ability to see my surroundings at night. Looks pretty nifty too.

Mike175

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If anyone is interested I ordered mine through the fellas at Crown Offroad. Firstly they are great to deal with, prompt service, and no issues whatsoever. I recommend doing business with them for sure.

As far as the lights go, they are really quite bright for being red. I was expecting diminished output, but I dare say they are brighter than the stock bulbs. The map lights are a little tricky to get to fit as you are squeezing a LED board in the place where a single bulb once was. You can do it, just be patient and test fit it before peeling off the 3M adhesive backing. There is a tiny flicker as they turn off but you really need to be looking for it and I never notice it anyway as I am walking away from the truck as they go out.

I am no professional photographer and we all know "pictures don't do it justice" when attempting to show off lighting pics at night. So take my word for it they are well worth it.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've got a red dome light in my sheriff's unit. It's fine for everything but map reading. You can't see a map very well at all in red light.

Mike175

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is a great point Ruger. I guess DeLorme doesn't make red lens readable maps for civilians. I keep alternate light sources in the center console anyway if it came down to it.