Pass through wires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pat247

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Over the past several days I have been installing some lights on my Raptor. Once the lights and wiring harnesses were in place it was time to tackle the pass through wires, oh my god what a pita. I would like to thank all those peeps who did this before me and wrote the how-to threads, read them all. I still was not prepared for what a bitch this job would turn out to be. I literally quit, gave up, threw in the towel a half-a-dozen times and then I would return to give it one more try knowing that others had succeeded in connecting these four SOB wires. Four hours of cursing, numerous scrapes and little cuts, broken fingernails and I was victorious. I feel like this task is a badge of honor for a Raptor owner. Thanks for reading and letting me vent.

PS: I used 3M quick connects for 22 to 16 gage wire (red).

IMG_5731_zps0f6dv5oy.jpg

Last edited:

Stang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You need to cut the tape holding the harness together. Someone made this discovery a while ago and posted some good pictures somewhere on here. If you do that there is plenty of wire to work with.

HAYNES OFFROAD

aka Wreckless
Reaction score

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yup, I did this on my 2012 and just had to do it again on my 2014, it is indeed a pita and I would like to meet the engineer that designed the disconnected wires behind the glove box and punch him in the head.

Why they couldn't have just ran them already connected is beyond me. Then in the RARE case you need them IN CAB you could just cut them! Thank God I finished mine a couple years ago. I think I still have the scars - both mental and physical. It's funny every time I read one of these threads when a new person truly understands that the previous threads were not exaggerating. :crazy:

D

Deleted member 12951

I had a friend solder mine and I just giggled when he was doing it and saying a few things.

OP
OP
pat247

pat247

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You need to cut the tape holding the harness together. Someone made this discovery a while ago and posted some good pictures somewhere on here. If you do that there is plenty of wire to work with.

Cutting the tape was the hard part. On my 14 they used some sort of cloth tape and vinyl tape, underneath the tape was a bunch of loose small gauge wires so I had to worry about cutting those. To top it off I had to work left handed and I can't even pound the pud with my left hand.:snoopfacepalm: