Oem hids in 2011 with D1s question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dillonboyd

Reaction score
So I can't find the answer to this anywhere, but I know you can order the conversion harness for h13 to d3s, and in the notes it says if using d1s the harness has to be modified. Does anyone know exactly what needs to be modified? Thank you

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's my understanding is that the relay controls the Hi/Low beam, maybe the D1's have a different connection for the solenoid? I would think that the connection to the ballast would be universal/the same. I bet Dawson would know @Raptor Retrofit.

OP
OP
D

dillonboyd

Reaction score
It's my understanding is that the relay controls the Hi/Low beam, maybe the D1's have a different connection for the solenoid? I would think that the connection to the ballast would be universal/the same. I bet Dawson would know @Raptor Retrofit.

Yeah I'm just not sure. I mean I know the d1s and d3s are essentially the same, just d3s being Mercury free, but the relay part is what I'm needing to know. I know some of their kits can be ordered with a d1s kit with oem heads so I know they work just not How. I'll shoot him a pm maybe. Thanks.

OP
OP
D

dillonboyd

Reaction score
Well I called TRS and talked to them, all you have to do is cut the green wire that runs from the projector! Simple enough.