New Model Spyder Headlight releasing next month.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tex-R1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I may be missing something in the threads but I was wondering if the HID version of the headlights in post #36 have been tested. I have an 2013 Raptor which has the wiring for the the HIDs but was converted to halogen. If they have been tested how are they and is the savings over buying OEM worth the work to restore the truck to HID? Do they come with the ballasts needed to function or would I have to the those too?

Thanks
what headlights do you have on right now?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Tex-R1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They appear to be OEM Halogen reflectors. And the light output is poor.

yT9CYsKESWtOjCUEgCnnFwHoDl4udamto0c=w1919-h1281-no.jpg

Thanks
mine are halogen, I have a 2010 model. So someone too off the Factory Projectors/HIDs and and converted it to halogen?

Deckmaster

Reaction score
So someone too off the Factory Projectors/HIDs and and converted it to halogen?

That is the look of it. I figure it has something to do with the truck coming from Canada. I think it spent time in some very cold areas, and I have herd that can cause issues with HID systems.

To add to the pains it was a shade tree mechanic. The splices to add the halogen connectors were all twisted wire wrapped in electrical tape. I have since corrected that with some proper soldered splices with water tight shrink tube. I still need to spend a day fixing the issues they created with the uplifter switch connections, as they are all the same.

tcm glx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just picked up a set of these housings, tossed in a Evo v2.0 hid projector inside, and it's pretty damn solid.....updated pics coming soon.

Tex-R1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just picked up a set of these housings, tossed in a Evo v2.0 hid projector inside, and it's pretty damn solid.....updated pics coming soon.
like to see that set up!

tcm glx

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Tex-R1

Full Access Member
Reaction score