Lighting Mods - Interior/Exterior -Opinions and help needed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wassy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi all -

I know, and yes, I searched, I search, I searched-and still can't make heads or tails of what direction to go. Hoping one or more of you can direct me properly, and easily to get what I need to achieve what I want....so here are my questions.

Have a 2014 Raptor, Ingot Silver

1. Looking for Ambient Interior Kit. Prefer OEM, but having read many posts and threads, Can not seem to finalize the part #'s and the local Ford Parts Counter hasn't a clue. I would like the Platinum Cupholder LED in Blue to match rest of interior lighting, footwell lighting - front and rear (will settle for front if I must. I got the part # for the Ford Ambient light kit, but that alone is easy, it's the cupholder tied into the system and the part #'s that are throwing me, as they've been changed a couple times. regretfully, the custom ones from the DoubleAA aren't what I'm looking for, I prefer the stock OEM look.
2. I am going to install a pair of fogs on each side of lower bumper, as well as a 20" LED bar on the lower. Rigid or Vision-X??? Vision X is 21" and although some tests favor one or the other, I only really want the 20" for looks (prefer the RDS curved from Rigid but it's SPOT only, I prefer Combo) or in the need for ridiculous amount of light. I do not take this off road ------<
3. Regarding the Fogs, was going to do the D2 Rigid's but I'm thinking that might be overkill for neighborhood lighting as I'm driving down the street, and probably wouldn't run them on main roads, for legal and safety reasons. Started with two whites, one driving, one flood....now looking at a white and an amber. Perhaps the 20" E2 combo can be used as a flood if needed and get both a driving and a spot for the fogs?
4. Am going with Recon Headlights with OEM HID bulbs (will use current ones), with the double L shape HALO and stronger amber turn signal, amber fender SVT inserts (amber because front is all amber, rear is all red lights), red tailgate Raptor emblem lit up, and Smoked LED taillights. Now I see they introduced a smoked RED tailight. not sure how that will look???? anyone? will also add a smoke Recon 3rd brake light.
5. I would love to have the side steps lit up, but without seeing any light strips, rope or other and really would like just the slits to light up. Not really sure how to do that, or if it's possible without projecting light under the Raptor or above on the doors?

The Wife and I are going back and forth on wheels. This is OT, but the Silver, although we love it, is throwing us off. A Black Raptor would make wheel selection so much easier. Not looking for ridiculous, but something classy, yet rugged. Thought about the Rockstar 2's, but have those on a Jeep we own. Looked at hundreds of wheels, and yet, still undecided. One we like is the Fuel Coupler in 20x9, zero offset (or can do 20 offset and still push out wheels closer to fender)... it's deep matte black with a tinted machined spoke, and the tinted machine matches damn near close to the fender moldings. Might be too open of a wheel. I will post this in the wheel section as well, just thought I'd get a little more coverage. LOL.

Thanks all for your help.

Wass

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It would be best to keep in mind that no aftermarket LED product - fog or driving - is DOT street legal. If you get fog in your area, expect to use your fog lights on the street or road, and have a police presence to be concerned with, you would be well advised to consider halogen fog lights.

OP
OP
W

Wassy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It would be best to keep in mind that no aftermarket LED product - fog or driving - is DOT street legal. If you get fog in your area, expect to use your fog lights on the street or road, and have a police presence to be concerned with, you would be well advised to consider halogen fog lights.

I was not aware that led fogs themselves were illegal., if ilin the lower bumper (I knew the hood mounts in the Jeep were though). This is more for looks than use but I'm sure I will have the opportunity to use them once in a while.

Chris's FX4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
KC actually has new set of LED's that are street legal.

4"x6" Gravity LED Pair Pack System - KC #711 (Spread Beam)

OP
OP
W

Wassy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just read Florida statutes. I'm not worried about legality. Where I would be using them, and rarely at that, it's fine. They frown upon use in the highway mostly.

That's said, this is more a cosmetic addition than anything else. Maybe I should downsize the intensity to dually's.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thank you, Chris. I didn't know about that.

---------- Post added at 07:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:39 PM ----------

I was not aware that led fogs themselves were illegal., if ilin the lower bumper (I knew the hood mounts in the Jeep were though). This is more for looks than use but I'm sure I will have the opportunity to use them once in a while.

The light itself has to be certified by the DOT, not the usage/utilization. Apparently KC is the first to succeed with an LED.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
For your lighting options, I'd recommend our 20" Elite bar in a combo pattern (20" Elite Double Row LED Bar | Apollo Optics, Inc. | Premium LED Off-Road Lighting) and our Apollo4 lights (Apollo4 | Apollo Optics, Inc. | Premium LED Off-Road Lighting). The Apollo4 is available in a wide range of power, beam pattern, and is available in both white and true amber. As an alternative, we also offer the Apollo6 (Apollo6 | Apollo Optics, Inc. | Premium LED Off-Road Lighting).

I think the perfect setup for your needs would be the 20" Elite combo in the middle bumper, a pair of Apollo6 lights in the inner fog openings, and Apollo4 amber floods in the outer openings.

The 20" combo will provide a perfect balance of spot and flood to get you a nice spread. The driving pattern of the Apollo6 square lights will fill in with a good balance of distance and width. And lastly, the Apollo4 amber floods will be great for dust and fog. If you have any more questions, please don't hesitate to contact me. I'd be more than happy to help.

GavsterMurf11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the tail lights and I love them! I read before I got them that some guys had moisture get into the cracks of them, but I never have! ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411498842.448203.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk