Light cannons vs squadrons

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

falc0n

Reaction score
I'm looking into different hood mount options for my truck and I see lots of comparisons between rigid and everyone else but one I haven't found is the 4.5" light cannon against the Baja squadron. Has anyone compared output between the two? Also, what are the differences between the squadron and the xl? On Baja's website it appears that they have the same output. Thanks in advance!

Danactive

I'm Back!
Reaction score
both are very high quality and reputable companies with great lights... depends on what your use is going to be... ive heard nothing but amazing reviews on the vision x light canons due to their distance... if your looking to get more flood close range lighting i would think the squadrons would be a better route...

JJ f150harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree with you. But I also think that the squadrons go far because BD says that they are comparable to an HID and those things go far. I'm hoping(if BD pms me back) that I can get ahold of the onx and stealth bar cause I'm curious to see how those do too. Maybe a squadron. Check out their post on discounted stuff til the 27 of march. I think the squadron are going for 240. If you get ahold of those I would love to see some output shots

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
I'm looking into different hood mount options for my truck and I see lots of comparisons between rigid and everyone else but one I haven't found is the 4.5" light cannon against the Baja squadron. Has anyone compared output between the two?
I have Squadron XLs on my truck. This is one of the comparisons I want to make and hope to measure the light output of both setups at the TRR 2014 Lighting Shootout.

Also, what are the differences between the squadron and the xl? On Baja's website it appears that they have the same output. Thanks in advance!
The Squadron is a 3" x 3" light (smaller housing and lenses) with the Squadron XL being a 4.5" x 4.5" light (bigger housing and lenses). The XL is supposed to be better setup to be a long range spot than the regular Squadron.

---------- Post added at 10:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 AM ----------

if your looking to get more flood close range lighting i would think the squadrons would be a better route...
The XLs come with three different lenses: Spot, combo and flood. The spot lens definitely produces a spot pattern, not a flood pattern.

JJ f150harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Kaiser thank you. I'm looking forward to those pics. Are u gonna compare against the 4.5 and 6.7 cannons and then both against the squadron and squadron xl?

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
Kaiser thank you. I'm looking forward to those pics. Are u gonna compare against the 4.5 and 6.7 cannons and then both against the squadron and squadron xl?
I will compare any setup that is available (including my Squadron XLs). I am sure there will be some folks there with the 4.5 Light Cannons. I do not know if anyone with a 6.7 or Squadron setup will be there.

JJ f150harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got ya. That should make for some great photos and to finalize the argument about which is brighter and goes farther etc.......

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There's. Difference between out put and useable light just like raw lumens to lux. If the beam isn't focused you throw light everywhere and get no distance but can have much higher output

Whelens for example are rated much lower than rigid and such and put out way more useable light and are much brighter

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter