LED Strip Lights for DRL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fidds22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I got a tough one here. I have a 2011 raptor, and I got a set of the 2014 projector HID lights on it from raptor retrofit, and they are sick!! What i want is, for my year of truck, when I have my truck in park, and the switch to auto, my halos and my strips are on, which is what I want. Then as soon as I put it in gear, all the strip lights turn off, and my projectors turn on, which is what I don't want. I would like to have the set-up like the newer ones where they use the signal lights as the DRL, then I could just tie my halos and strips into them, but I can't figure out how to do it on my 2011. Any ideas???

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Turn the switch to on. I have a 2011 w/2014 RR projectors. I have no problem switching from parking lights to headlights, to evil eyes.

IMAG0142_zpsa081422e.jpg

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Or if you hate turning the knob, just wire the DRL's up to your accessory /switched voltage. you should be able to find something in the fuse box near the radiator.

OP
OP
F

fidds22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Turn the switch to on. I have a 2011 w/2014 RR projectors. I have no problem switching from parking lights to headlights, to evil eyes.

IMAG0142_zpsa081422e.jpg

Apparently my truck doesn't do this. Even with the switch to "on", my led strips and halos come on perfect, no projectors on. But as soon as I put the truck in gear, my projectors come on. It would be nice to have the projectors stay off during the day, then automatically come on at dusk, Like the new trucks.

RaptorScrew

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have the LS 460 Hybrids on my 2011 from RR.

I have the Halo and hidden LED (Behind the F150 emblem) hooked up to an AUX switch.

They come on when truck is on. Lights are still on auto.

5446-a.jpg

OP
OP
F

fidds22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My leds shut off when in auto because I have them tied to the factory grill led lights. My headlights stay on. When I have switch turned to on, they stay on, along with the headlights. Like I said, I would like the headlights to only come on in auto when it gets dark.