LED Light Strips - XSB Switchback?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

killswitch engage

Reaction score
Good day.

I recently did a retrofit of my Recon headlights. I used stuff from TRS and for the most part things worked out well. My only complaint is that I needed to return several halo's since they were different shades of white every time. Took several tries as it seems every run is different. I got ones that are close now but not perfect. I also installed 18" LED strips on the inside but they have more of a yellow tinge that I thought which looks like crap. One of the strips circuits burnt out after 3 weeks too (pic below). So not impressed at all. Lucky I had an extra set of halos that are yellowy that I got lazy and didn't bother returning so used one of the leads from them for the LED strip for now.

I might rip these apart again and install new LED strips. I was looking at the TRS Morimoto XSB 2.0 (Switchback) strips. Before I spend $140 and rip my lights apart:

Does anyone with experience have any issues with them?

Are they a bright white (not yellowy)?

Do they have a decent lifespan?

Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_20160813_163921.jpg
    IMG_20160813_163921.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_20160813_163927.jpg
    IMG_20160813_163927.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_20160813_203835.jpg
    IMG_20160813_203835.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 54

M3toSVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had some good experiences with them. Didn't like the 2.0 as much because they grew in size and the coating seemed to change a lot since the V1's. I'm guessing due to the added heat they probably generate as they are brighter and are capable of running the amber function continuously. The coating tends to be more fragile as well. Damaged a few of them so far.
LED's can be tricky and can have some variation with different bin/lots of led's.
As far as the vertical light goes. I'm assuming that is the tubular style led and probably made by a completely different manufacture.