Headlamp dimmer controlled foglamps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FSM06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For those of you wanting to install fog lamps and would like to have them controlled by your dimmer switch to comply with most states traffic laws, here is the diagram that will help you with such an installation.

007.jpg

A 5 pin relay is necessary and that will allow the circuit to be opened to the fog lamps when the high beams are selected. We (I say we, because Mark T was the one who added this suggestion) also have found a way to control the fog lamps from the park lamp circuit so that after switching them on with your Aux switch, they can be controlled on/off by the park lamp switch as well. I will try and add this diagram later.

Any Questions, feel free to ask.

FSM06.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for providing that. I have as much chance to understand that diagram as I do reading Mandarin on a restaurant menu. What do I have to do to get someone to post instructions (written in English) and pictures showing me how it's done? It's great that you provided the diagram for those who can read it but that's not me.

read-schematics-800X800.jpg

NoCaDiver

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You're not the only one Dan. I can understand a little of the electrical diagrams but not all. This is the reason my dome lights don't work in my Landcruiser. I've got the schematics but am lacking that part of the brain.

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm no electrical guru, but that there is one good schematic. Nice work FS, and thanks!

And truthfully guys, if that's all Greek to ya, you probably shouldn't be the one doing the work anyway. I'm sure I'm not telling you anything you don't already know, just sayin... :cheers:

Falcon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For those of you wanting to install fog lamps and would like to have them controlled by your dimmer switch to comply with most states traffic laws, here is the diagram that will help you with such an installation.

007.jpg

A 5 pin relay is necessary and that will allow the circuit to be opened to the fog lamps when the high beams are selected. We (I say we, because Mark T was the one who added this suggestion) also have found a way to control the fog lamps from the park lamp circuit so that after switching them on with your Aux switch, they can be controlled on/off by the park lamp switch as well. I will try and add this diagram later.

Any Questions, feel free to ask.

FSM06.

Ohhh... you bring back the memories <sob...sniffle>. How well I remember - on a board far, far away... now ruled mercilessly by an evil yet not so bright witch (is hE-so-SAD a female... or just a ****?? <G>) and dying on the vine. This was the first thread I participated in!

Didn't we start by me trying to have the fogs on with the lights off? Someone finally mentioned that the parking light circuit was the one to tap into I think. Does anyone remember the rest of it? Or is that the rest that you are going to add?

Falcon

OP
OP
FSM06

FSM06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes Falcon, that is the rest I plan on adding. Dan, hold on to your shorts, buddy, I am working on a full installation guide w/pics to post on here. My tube bending buddy has FINALLY got my hoops done to add to my FR light bar. I just have to get them powder coated to match. I will make this as easy as cutting a pie! You can cut a pie......can't you Dan? :mrgreen:

Falcon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes Falcon, that is the rest I plan on adding. Dan, hold on to your shorts, buddy, I am working on a full installation guide w/pics to post on here. My tube bending buddy has FINALLY got my hoops done to add to my FR light bar. I just have to get them powder coated to match. I will make this as easy as cutting a pie! You can cut a pie......can't you Dan? :mrgreen:

Well, he IS from Taxifornia... but I will vouch for him. He DOES have a Raptor, after all <G>.