which D2s to choose

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
suprspinner

suprspinner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
turboEd do you like the distance from the driving beams or do you wish you had more? i was thinking about the driving hyper spot combo, i wish i could just accurately see how far the light looks before jumping in.

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
My build thread shows a couple output shots with d2s driving pattern in the fog position. They don't show distance but IMO they make the best use of the d2 light. Good medium of distance and coverage.

OP
OP
suprspinner

suprspinner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mobile beats, do you like having the e series around your license plate? i was considering getting all four driving light d2 and then putting two hyperspot 4inch e2s by my plate. Do the D2's give you more distance than the stock HIDs do?

Darthyota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My amber d2s'have the same distance as the factory hid low beams and offer a nice contrast in light in adverse conditions but still enough light to be useful as aux driving lights at night

TurboEd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes. For a driving light in foglight location they are awesome. The quality of light output is great. It is intense and pure white for the area it covers. They do not go farther than high beams I believe.

Your idea about the two 4in hyperspots sounds like a good plan for distance imo.

---------- Post added at 07:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:55 AM ----------

I should have read this last night to make some output shots.

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Mobile beats, do you like having the e series around your license plate? i was considering getting all four driving light d2 and then putting two hyperspot 4inch e2s by my plate. Do the D2's give you more distance than the stock HIDs do?

I ended up switching those out with a 20" and now I have 10 d2s driving beam on an ADD race series r. The e series complimented the lights nicely but with the ones I had they lacked as far as light output and distance. The e2s would probably be a lot better. Looking back I wouldn't but the 4" e series again. Not worth what it costs.

1ntheoc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ended up switching those out with a 20" and now I have 10 d2s driving beam on an ADD race series r. The e series complimented the lights nicely but with the ones I had they lacked as far as light output and distance. The e2s would probably be a lot better. Looking back I wouldn't but the 4" e series again. Not worth what it costs.

How to you feel about the light output of the 10 D2's?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter