Amber 20" bar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

treatcg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like others on this board I am getting bored with my current light setup and looking to change it up a bit. I currently have a Rigid 20" flood in my venom bumper. I would like to have an amber setup. Would it be best just to buy the Rigid amber covers? Or do the amber bars that don't require covers perform that much better to justify the purchase?

Thanks!

Gilligan

Reaction score
Like others on this board I am getting bored with my current light setup and looking to change it up a bit. I currently have a Rigid 20" flood in my venom bumper. I would like to have an amber setup. Would it be best just to buy the Rigid amber covers? Or do the amber bars that don't require covers perform that much better to justify the purchase?

Thanks!

I have amber covers Ill toss on every so often for my hood mounted clear spot rigids and they are more yellow than Amber. I also don't feel they help with visibility in harsh conditions like a true Amber is able.

You should be able to get primo $$$ for your rigid letting you switch to Amber for a small amount. You could probably sell the rigid, get a KC 20" Amber and you may even come out of the deal with money in your pocket.

OP
OP
treatcg

treatcg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have amber covers Ill toss on every so often for my hood mounted clear spot rigids and they are more yellow than Amber. I also don't feel they help with visibility in harsh conditions like a true Amber is able.

You should be able to get primo $$$ for your rigid letting you switch to Amber for a small amount. You could probably sell the rigid, get a KC 20" Amber and you may even come out of the deal with money in your pocket.

That's funny. The KC 20" amber is the one I am interested in.

BigBOSS

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've got a 20" Rigid amber with Rigid's smoked grey covers on it. I keep that bar on 24/7 while driving and it's bright enough that I am more visible to the ****** drivers but it's not too bright where it blinds oncoming traffic.

SideTracked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We have combo amber and white 20" light bars coming out soon. Doing some testing on them and will have them available once that is completed. Pricing will be similar to our Tracker series light bars.

They use 3W Cree white LEDs and .5w Epistar Amber LEDs. Using a remote the light can be white, amber, white strobe, amber strobe, white sos, amber sos.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
We offer the a true amber 20" light and we also offer the white/amber lights. They come with white lights on the top row and amber lights on the bottom row, similar to the new Rigid dual color setup. You can run white only, amber only, or white and amber at the same time.

You can see the specs for the 20" white light here: 20" Elite Double Row LED Bar | Apollo Optics, Inc. | Premium LED Off-Road Lighting

If you have any more questions or would like more info about the amber or dual color options, please contact me and I'd be happy to help.

Gilligan

Reaction score
Anything can fit anything ;) Just sayin.....

If you're ok cutting and welding your bumper and/or new light bar sure, but that's the only way to install it correctly.

I got mine installed by jerry rigging a mount but itll take a lot for me to be able to trust it.

Last edited: