Strategy Code Key ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SHOOTER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does 5Star have a Vehicle Strategy Code key?

I got my tune a few months ago, reverted back to stock for the dealer oil change, then finally got around to changing it back to 91 ECO. Tune went fine and I wanted to check it to make sure it actually worked. The vehicle strategy says "BBHM1K3". Is this correct?

Only reason I ask is I remember the first time I had it tuned, a gear indicator (1-6) showed up on my screen at the far right. I just flashed it and its not there.

thanks

OP
OP
SHOOTER

SHOOTER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ahh, I'm a complete idiot then. Shocking.

I had no idea, so thanks!

Back to my original question then, is there a strategy key?

OP
OP
SHOOTER

SHOOTER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Right, but I'm talking about after i tune it. I go to Vehicle Info, and it will list the Vehicle Strategy and PCM. I assume the Vehicle Strategy is the custom tune??

I guess what I'm asking, how do i know what tune was loaded?

OP
OP
SHOOTER

SHOOTER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No worries, thanks for the help on the shift key.

I see you are in KC, ahhh how I miss that place. Wife and I lived there for 8 years before moving to Denver. Oklahoma Joe's, Jack Stack....hell i miss Planet Sub!

kriscad

Reaction score
thats something I too was wondering last night... it would be nice to see on the software once it connects to bluetooth, to let you know what codes are loaded and which one is being used.