Livernois Motorsports 6.2L Raptor Cam Swap Video

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rightNut

Reaction score
my Raptor is heading to Livernois this week to have this done.

I think you're going to love them. Are you getting headers/exhaust/intake too? I'm loving my truck. It's a beast now, though. It's definitely too loud now to be incognito. It sounds and feels like a race truck. I can't sneak out of work early. It's a little more of a handful to drive. When your negotiating parking lots or coming to a stop, if you're not on the brakes hard, it can surge on you if it's loping and surges in the rpm's. When the engine is cold, it Roars to life and lopes the hardest. I back out of my garage in 12 little surges. It's just plain nasty--nothing like stock. It's fairly quiet around town, but if you accelerate hard, people a half mile away are going to hear you coming! I know the noise level is mostly due to the other mods though.

rightNut

Reaction score
any updates on this, hows it going... any post reviews... notice FR got rid of theres

Now that spring is here, I want to get my truck to a strip and do a review. Should do low 14's. Played with dynolicious a bit, but I don't want a ticket or worse. I'm liking the cams very much--the SW true duals/header combo sound awesome but I wish I could turn down the volume sometimes.

rightNut

Reaction score
Sound pretty healthy, alil more choppy though please lol =). I love the BIG lopes in a cam

After living with them for a while now, I don't think I would want more aggressive cams. These are plenty for me. There's times (cold engine) when it sounds like it might stall, though that's never happened. The truck wants to push through your brakes at a stop if your not on them hard.

RatedSVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
rightNut I have no idea if the modular motors have that problem with vacuum loss with a bigger cam but it sure sounds like thats whats going on. You mite need to install a brake booster. I put a Big cam in my 95 Gt mustang I can list tons of mods but. I put a 555in/565ex Comp Cam Extreme energy cam in my 347 stroker and I have no braking issues. Comp Cam states that it won't have vacuum loss. Do you know if livernois has looked into that?

rightNut

Reaction score
I haven't discussed this issue with Livernois yet. They did say to feel free to bring it back for tuning tweaks after I had spent some time in it. It's not that big of a deal once you know to expect it. It reminds me of my old diesel pickup, except this is more of a surge when the idle surges. It would make me hesitant to throw someone the keys without warning them though.

rightNut

Reaction score
Sorry keaton, I haven't posted any videos yet. You can obviously see and hear it in the Livernois clip, but I will try to get some video in a week or two. Any requests?

keatonskidmore

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sorry keaton, I haven't posted any videos yet. You can obviously see and hear it in the Livernois clip, but I will try to get some video in a week or two. Any requests?

yeah but the volume is a little low on their video..I'd like to hear a cold start as well and some driving videos..like 0-60 or more