Excited!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hoverp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got my Amsoil 5W20 Signature series from Chris at Freedom Motor sports, my Ford racing filters are on their way (probably should have used Amsoil EA oil filters but the Ford Racing seemed to have great specs.) and I changed out the stock air filter for a deep Wix!

Love it!

Did most of you guys change the differential fluids out right away? How about he tranny and transfer case?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Hoverp

Hoverp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Put in 7 of the 5/20 Amsoil Signature oil and the Ford racing filter. Reset oil life to 100%.

Question is what kind of oil drain interval would be recommended. My whole life I've never let a vehicle of mine go beyond about 5000 miles before changing. But I've never used Amsoil in a big rig, and never had a really high efficiency filter like the Ford Racing.

HAYNES OFFROAD

aka Wreckless
Reaction score
Technically, amsoil Sig series is rated for 25k miles (when paired with they're EA oil filter). With that said, it depends on your driving style, driving environment, etc...

Personally, I use amsoil Sig series and the EA filter and change mine every 5000, and/or before and after a offroad excursion (where I'm constantly hard on the throttle and conditions are dirty). I send in my oil to be tested and have always came back great and could easily put another 5k on it. I come from a racing background, so its common practice to change all the fluids after a weekend of racing.

Oil filters are the key to oil life (I have not personally ran the ford racing filter so I cannot comment on its quality) and oil filters have a service life as well. As an example, the amsoil EA oil filter is rated for the same 25k as the oil. If your filter is rated for say 10k miles (example), then you would need to change the filter and oil, or at the very least change the filter and send in an oil sample for testing.

So for you, I would reccomend sending in oil samples every 5k (not draining) to Blackstone labs and get your TBN test. That's truly the only way for YOU to find out YOUR personal drain intervals. Everyone can reccomend a certain drain interval, doesn't mean that will work for you.

-Joseph Haynes

RAPTORSV

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I use Amsoil and plan on changing once a year. But I drive less than 3000 miles and the weather is never bad. In Montana with harsh freezing winters, I would change twice a year regardless of mileage.

Chris@FreedomMotorsports

FRF Gofur
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Joseph Haynes hit the nail on the head. Sticking with a normal service interval of around 5-7K miles is the "safe" bet. But anyone wanting to extend their intervals out to recommended specs from Amsoil should definitely utilize used oil analysis to determine how their driving environment/style effect the oil. You can use Blackstone labs as suggested or you can order through your choice of Amsoil dealers as well as Amsoil also offers oil analysis kits. You can check those out below. The kit below is postage prepaid and offers a little more parameters than the basic Blackstone kit. Including TBN, Viscosity, etc without an additional charge for any of those.

AMSOIL Oil Analyzers Test Kit, Postage Pre-Paid