New 2018 Ruby Red Raptor Here!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EcoBeast1775

Reaction score
Good Afternoon Everyone and Happy New Year!

About a week ago I took brought my 2018 Ruby Red Supercrew home with me. The vehicle constantly amazes me on performance, comfort, reliability, technology...the list could go on.

Some Specs of My Raptor (factory installed options)

Carbon Package
802A
Tech Package
Forge Wheels
Twin Panel Moon Roof
Graphics (hood and exterior)
...plus some more

I stepped out of a 2014 Chevy SS: as a side note I may have jumped into that vehicle too quickly and not to poke fun at any bowtie fans, but IMO that vehicle specifically tries to do too many things which results in a mediocre level of performance , comfort, drivability and practicality.

I had been looking at Gen 2 Raptors for a decent amount of time and I went up to a dealership with a friend to put a deposit down on an order... right in the back of the lot was this Ruby Red S-crew with 8 miles on it...the dealer dropped the markup and little bet extra off MSRP and gave me fair value on my trade and I couldn't be happier !

I'm looking forward to is a few warm days (or a friend with a heated garage big enough to fit the Raptor in) so I can properly detail the paint and get some jet-seal on before too much of the road salt / snow hits the mid-atlantic.

So far, I've just tint matched the driver / passenger windows and added a sun strip to the windshield.

Pictures below!

- J

ZF3HAm6.jpg

W8qiD5o.jpg

5Yq12NQ.jpg

rFUydI0.jpg

Jc4dJCg.jpg

Msb.19d

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh wow, I believe you got very luck getting a ruby red at msrp or below. That’s the best color imo and hardest to get. I got black one but think that RR is the best looking. Congrats on getting it bud

---------- Post added at 09:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:25 PM ----------

If your thinking of doing any mods, the person to talk to on here is named Sasquatch, he knows everything about this truck an all mods you can do . He will first tell you to swap out exhaust

OP
OP
E

EcoBeast1775

Reaction score
@Msb.19d

I did indeed get lucky... A friend and I drove up to a dealer (Preston Ford in MD) who were in the last days of competing for pole position within ford's national rankings. My buddy ended up picking up a '17 RS for invoice for his wife and I drove off the lot in the Raptor.. Right time, place, dealer etc .. perfect storm. I have had dealers tell me they couldn't move off their 10k markup ....

Msb.19d

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea you got really lucky, the msrp is easy now but I don’t believe it is on the ruby reds, glad it worked out the way it did. That color looks great with black wheels, where as my black one it looks like too much black lol.. on YouTube a guy has that color with black hole shot wheels and it looks amazing

Loufish

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Didn't see the Ruby Red for 2018...Ford site didn't offer it as an option...Too bad because I would have checked that box as I think it's the best color out there...I went with ordering a Lightning Blue as the second best color....

OP
OP
E

EcoBeast1775

Reaction score
Didn't see the Ruby Red for 2018...Ford site didn't offer it as an option...Too bad because I would have checked that box as I think it's the best color out there...I went with ordering a Lightning Blue as the second best color....

@Loufish - Funny Lightning Blue was tied for a close second with Leadfoot for me!

Msb.19d

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ruby red is by far the best looking color on the raptor. If you don’t have ruby red then oops, you messed up