Would a Raptor make it in Alaska Offroad Warriors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vanilla_gorilla

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I watched it from the beginning. on a few of the obstacles they could have just went around them. there was some areas that were dry. guess for tv they have to make it look good. but super jeep was my favorite. the lay brothers were trying, gotta give the land snoozers credit. as far as the raptor going there. as said before too heavy. I would take my jeep. probably have to bring it home in a basket.

Yeah, I thought the same thing, why not go around the mud pit? The two reasons I could think of were either due to "TV" reasons, as you guys stated or because they had to stay on the trail as to not tear up the country side too much.

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
Never seen the show till Jim Bo tagged me. Dont own a TV. I looked it up on YouTube and my truck has been thru worse crap than they have.

That terrain is right up my alley.. hence that's why I built my Rappy on 40 s and low gearing and aftermarket erthing

Time to head to Alaska...

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Never seen the show till Jim Bo tagged me. Dont own a TV. I looked it up on YouTube and my truck has been thru worse crap than they have.

That terrain is right up my alley.. hence that's why I built my Rappy on 40 s and low gearing and aftermarket erthing

I could also see full set of aftermarket skid plates helping from sinking to far down.

Bigg50

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think a Raptor could absolutely make it through and win it all haha. The advantage on the open sections of trail would be a huge advantage. They were moving exceptionally slow on these sections.

Big motor also would have helped a lot in those mud bogs. I think the Jeep had the most at 250hp haha.

If was rich and didn't care about damage, I'd do it.

How I'd set up the truck:

-Front bumper with winch
- I know this is going to anger some haha. But i'd add a 6" lift with custom length coilovers. No spacers! This would be to improve the break over angle which would be needed for this type of terrain.
-new rear springs to lift the rear. probably something like 6+
- add RCV front axle shafts and replace the IWE system.
- upgraded tie rods and add double sheer mounts to the spindles.
- 37x14" irok radials
- rock sliders
- skid plates to protect transfer case and gas tank.

Show is cheesy but I got a kick out of it.

Last edited:

rptr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You wouldn't make it far...... bigg50
Why would you put a ifs lift? First thing that would break is the cow dragger on the bottom.
I got 40 s and I can full flex no rub.
You'd need to replace the front 8.8 to my dynatrac 10 and a half inch with Detroit locker.
Put 40 s or 420
5.13 or 5.88
Oem tcase would blow itself up, which I have already thought of that and cut my floor for a atlas 4 speed low gearing t case
The crap cv style front drives haft would need to be changed to a HD u joint, I've broken over a dozen of those little shafts.
There's a lot of things you would need to do, has nothing to do with being rich... hell you could go get a 205 tcase at a junk yard and it will work better than the oem tcase.
A married set of 2 tcase would be idea

---------- Post added at 10:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 AM ----------

Oh and the power steering would blow up pretty quick. You'd need a full hydrolic replacement

m3dragon

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Slight question, where did they get all the fuel to make it across? None of the them was carrying that much fuel and sadly we are not as efficient as the diesel rover. Second as pointed out mud, you want to cover your seats in it have fun with that.

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
It was a show... they probably had support vehicles, possibly even a helicopter for parts/fuel/etc.

Funny how about 3 episodes from the end, Super Jeep lost power steering and already "used their last power steering pump." However, after that episode, there was no mention of it and he was steering it just fine.

treatcg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A jeep with a big block, strong drivetrain and 39.5" boggers is all you need. The Iroks suck in the mud, ask super jeep.

Of course you need the standard recovery gear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk