wiring aux switch to ignition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptorsvt11

Reaction score
has anyone done anything like wiring one of the aux switches to toggle ignition power/acc power and then use one of the offroad/hill descent buttons a push button start?

only asking because about a month ago i came across a picture where someone bought a raptor switch panel and replaced one of the buttons for push start? Cant seem to find the picture anywhere.

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I wired ran a wire from an aux switch to the starter when something went wrong. I felt like a real race truck. Lol

freedommotorsports.us

Email: [email protected]

FreedomLogo.jpg

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
has anyone done anything like wiring one of the aux switches to toggle ignition power/acc power and then use one of the offroad/hill descent buttons a push button start?

only asking because about a month ago i came across a picture where someone bought a raptor switch panel and replaced one of the buttons for push start? Cant seem to find the picture anywhere.
I do not belive a push button start has been configured for the Gen 1 Raptors. I know @The Car Stereo Company was working on this and there is a thread covering it.
@Yukon Joe :baby: :baby:
www.runraptorrun.com

---------- Post added at 08:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:43 AM ----------

I wired ran a wire from an aux switch to the starter when something went wrong. I felt like a real race truck. Lol

You also felt like a submarine once too... remember how that turned out for yeah! Lol...
@Yukon Joe :baby: :baby:
www.runraptorrun.com

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
push button start is easy....... and useless. with our systems, you still need to put the key in the cylender and turn it. might as well start the truck. the issue is the steering lock. the key data isnt that difficult, but it would require a key in the vehicle. its the oem system that rquires the key in the cylender to unlock the wheel. not like other vehicles that have computers programmed for key detection.

Houston Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
push button start is easy....... and useless. with our systems, you still need to put the key in the cylender and turn it. might as well start the truck. the issue is the steering lock. the key data isnt that difficult, but it would require a key in the vehicle. its the oem system that rquires the key in the cylender to unlock the wheel. not like other vehicles that have computers programmed for key detection.

So you're saying this would definitely not work???

Digital Guard Dawg - iKEY-RS

I was about to pull the trigger. I'm really more interested in the remote start and not having to carry keys around to get in the truck and to start it.

Anything else out there like this, or could I break the key off in the ignition? Lol, joking but kind of serious.

The Car Stereo Company

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So you're saying this would definitely not work???

Digital Guard Dawg - iKEY-RS

I was about to pull the trigger. I'm really more interested in the remote start and not having to carry keys around to get in the truck and to start it.

Anything else out there like this, or could I break the key off in the ignition? Lol, joking but kind of serious.
it says you will need an additional data bypass module. they may have figured a way to trigger the key detection and shift lock from the looks of it. i used all my resources trying to find the right data, but then again, i dont deal with engineers who work for these companies. im just a guy that tinkers with shit.

Houston Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it says you will need an additional data bypass module. they may have figured a way to trigger the key detection and shift lock from the looks of it. i used all my resources trying to find the right data, but then again, i dont deal with engineers who work for these companies. im just a guy that tinkers with shit.

Just talked to them. They said that it'll definitely work but you have to do one of two things. Either remove a pin that locks the steering column, or have a shave key put in to keep the column unlocked. They did say leaving the key in there does not increase theft due to the ignition not having any power routed to it anymore, it would go to their system.

I just ordered it, so I'll let you know how it goes. Be about a week before I have it installed.

The Car Stereo Company

Supporting Member
Reaction score
so they didnt bypass the key. gotcha. i was trying to work around having to do that to the key cylender. guess the easy way is the best way.

Houston Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My system finally came in. Getting it installed Thursday. I'll update then how everything goes.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 105