What's up with prices? Holy cow...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ajstar89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just wait it out, prices are starting to come down. I've been watching the market for about 6 months now. A lot of people are seeing what the trucks are selling for and listing theirs, and it's driving prices down. Sure prices will drop as we get closer to this time next year as well.

There will always be value in the 6.2L raptors. It has too much going for it over the new one. Look at cost of repair for example. Dent a fender on the trail and it cost 2-3 times more to fix the new one due to the aluminum body. I think you might need more than 6 months for that to happen.

Maybe 12 months or more, ford hasn't released the price yet for the new one. I think that will be the determining factor. If the new one is 100K due to a 20k markup over MSRP, 45k used still doesn't look that bad.

badm0t0rfinger

Rocket Man
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Brand new, 97 miles on it, still on the dealer lot January 2015. Custom ordered in 2014, and the customer backed out, had it on the lot since and wanted to get it out to make room for MY15 Trucks, got it below MSRP. Had shipping to Hawaii and 6/75K ESP added for just about the cost I had received from shipping companies just to ship. So I was pretty happy.

Patience is key.

O2ShootTheJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There will always be value in the 6.2L raptors. It has too much going for it over the new one. Look at cost of repair for example. Dent a fender on the trail and it cost 2-3 times more to fix the new one due to the aluminum body. I think you might need more than 6 months for that to happen.

Maybe 12 months or more, ford hasn't released the price yet for the new one. I think that will be the determining factor. If the new one is 100K due to a 20k markup over MSRP, 45k used still doesn't look that bad.

I'm not saying it's going to plummet, I think it will retain a fair value. From when I started looking for a raptor 6 month ago to now, prices have come down. People aren't paying now what there were then.

Personally my plan is to buy about a year from now when the 2017 models start to hit the road.

D

Deleted member 17706

I'm not saying it's going to plummet, I think it will retain a fair value. From when I started looking for a raptor 6 month ago to now, prices have come down. People aren't paying now what there were then.

Personally my plan is to buy about a year from now when the 2017 models start to hit the road.

If you look at depreciation the Raptor loses about $2000 for every 10,000 miles you put on it. I had a dealership pay me more then what I paid for a 14. You have to ignore the crazy prices you see because there is still deals out there. These next 12 months will show a lot, but I'm already planning on snatching as much low mileage 6.2l's as I can because you can't beat the value. You should be able to get one with less then 20,000 miles for under $40,000 when the 17 comes out. You can't beat that value at all because these trucks are extremely reliable and age well. Plus depreciation almost ate $20,000. Yet I look at the 2010 and they have still held their value extremely well.

My projections will be the 17 Raptors will not hold the value as well due to Ford going away from SVT, 6.2L and so forth. If you buy a 17 as soon as they come out, you might mess up because you need to wait and see the market first.

Either way this has been a special time to own a Raptor because its paid off to drive and use one. I've loaded miles on mine this past year and will only lose a couple thousand when I part ways with it in a couple weeks. Only if every car buying experience could be this good!

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 17706

If I can get a low mileage (under 30k) 13-14 SCREW for at or under 40k a year from now i'll be a happy camper!

I've seen a couple scabs go for that price.. I think by the time the 17 come out, the screw should be pretty close. I feel like a lot of collectors and street queens will be dumping some very nice Raptor's in brand new condition for the 17.