Unbelievably Frustrated with my Dealer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's what I'm hoping for. It's also why I didn't get Crystal involved. I was frustrated last night but wanted to give the dealer the opportunity to fix it before I went up the food chain.

Keep in mind, you should get a customer service survey email from Ford within a few weeks. Ford Corp. takes them very seriously. If they don't take care of this, be sure to reflect your experience via the survey.

GL!

Labraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Keep in mind, you should get a customer service survey email from Ford within a few weeks. Ford Corp. takes them very seriously. If they don't take care of this, be sure to reflect your experience via the survey.

GL!
My dealer has told me Ford takes these surveys very seriously too. Actually went as far as asking for a chance to make anything right with me before I completed any survey. I had filled one out once when they screwed up. They received "input" from Ford right away.

spirit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm guessing your door problem will be back. I have 80K miles on mine and it pops up periodically. The dealer "lubes" the door and that helps for a few miles. Usually it's the rear right door but sometimes the passenger door.

I think there is a big write-up on this subject around here somewhere.

I have never been able to duplicate the problem in from of the dealer...

dlh4x4

Reaction score
Something that I hate to admit on forums is that I am a Ford tech. I've worked at Ford dealers for over 20yrs. I understand the frustration that customers go thru. There is only one other tech in my shop of 16 techs that I would trust to work on my own car. I wouldn't let any of them even change the oil.
That being said, the rear slider switch is most likely the cause. I know the lights do dim when pressing on it making you think the motor is receiving power, I was fooled once and found that it is the switch that fails almost all the time.
They do take the survey serious, most advisor pay plans are tied to CSI scores.
Good luck on the next visit, hopefully it won't be needed any time soon.
The only advise I can give is to look for techs that have the most experience in the shop. Senior Master Certified techs are everywhere and that's just a piece of paper, it doesn't mean that the tech can actually fix cars.

ALDABRAMAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My dealer has told me Ford takes these surveys very seriously too. Actually went as far as asking for a chance to make anything right with me before I completed any survey. I had filled one out once when they screwed up. They received "input" from Ford right away.

* I for one have had my disgusting share of poor service from two different local dealerships on my last two raptors. I am sick of them at many levels! I think the surveys do actually have some relevance or importance, I always receive a call within days of completion from some young lady apologizing and asking if she can send me a free oil change certificate! I think they might even tag your VIN number, the one local dealership seems to be cautious and matter of fact with me since then! I hate to beat a dead horse, however i have never had these issues with other brands.

* I love my truck, however our local SW Florida dealerships are pathetic for the most part!