Traxxas Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SPRSNK

I Void Warranties
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They make the Raptor body for the Slash. I have it.

The one that Traxxis makes is a bit cooler because instead of being a "desert truck" it has the bed and shit on it. All they did was get the licensing to make the Slash into a Raptor. Won't be long before Traxxis sells the body shell. I almost bought the black Slash Raptor yesterday. Talked myself out of it since I already have 2.

WarSurfer

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Tech on these is light years ahead of where it was when I was a kid. I recently got back into these (30 or so electric and gas). The speed you get out of the new brushless motors is awesome. I have a Blitz but I'll be picking up a Tux Black Slash for grins.

All The Way

FRF Addict
Reaction score
RC racing has come a long way in the last 7 years. First came brushless motors then LiPo batteries. At first they sucked, but now a good brushless motor can last 4 or 5 years vs a month with a brushed motor. LiPo technology has really taken off the last 4 years. Capacity is through the roof now with the ability to draw a lot of amps from them.

Nothing like picking the front end of a 2wd SCT up on demand.... I've done it in a 4wd buggy as well.

OP
OP
Blukrom

Blukrom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Funny back about 1980 I got the original Super Champ from Tamiya . It was the thing to have back then. I still have it in the garage and boy have things changed. It has cool oil filled shocks but they were so stiff they didn't allow things to move. Now you can take and drop one of those cars from 6' and they soak up the hit no problem .
Shit I'm feeling old now that I just read this....that was 30 years ago.... Ouch.

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I (used to) fly RC planes. I never really got into the car stuff.

But this I gotta have! As someone who knows nothing about RC cars/trucks/buggies specifically, but does know quite a bit about everything RC planes, what would you suggest I buy? Or wait for?

WarSurfer

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I (used to) fly RC planes. I never really got into the car stuff.

But this I gotta have! As someone who knows nothing about RC cars/trucks/buggies specifically, but does know quite a bit about everything RC planes, what would you suggest I buy? Or wait for?

the slash RTR Raptor would be a decent intro vehicle and pretty cheap all things considered.