tire pressure sensor fault

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SLB8SNK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok so this will sound stupid, and YES I know its a truck, but when running at 44PSI, do you feel the front clunk over road bumps? Nothing hard, but you can feel it in your feet on the floor board.. I never noticed running at lower PSI, must have absorbed better.... ?

SLB8SNK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok so this will sound stupid, and YES I know its a truck, but when running at 44PSI, do you feel the front clunk over road bumps? Nothing hard, but you can feel it in your feet on the floor board.. I never noticed running at lower PSI, must have absorbed better.... ?

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score

I try to keep them at 40 psi for that reason. Anything below can throw "low tire" warnings and 44+ just makes the ride especially the rear to firm for me.

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score

I try to keep them at 40 psi for that reason. Anything below can throw "low tire" warnings and 44+ just makes the ride especially the rear to firm for me.

SLB8SNK

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Yea I might drop mine down to 40-42... I think it will be fine and indeed improve the ride a little.... thanks!

SLB8SNK

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Yea I might drop mine down to 40-42... I think it will be fine and indeed improve the ride a little.... thanks!

TxRaptor6.2

Reaction score
Low tire warning caused by my spare tire

As cooler weather set in, I got a low tire warning that stayed on continues for a week. i checked all 4 tires and found no low tire pressure. I started thinking that since the spare is not a temporary spare but a full size rim and tire, that possibly it may also have the pressure sensor. I stopped by the dealer and asked the service department. They said they had not thought of that, but would check the pressure in the spare to see if it was the issue. Turns out the spare was at 36 psi and was apparently
the cause. No further issues so far.