Thoughts on Price for 2010 Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

beefey

Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm looking at purchasing a 2010 Raptor 6.2l with 75,000mi. Color is black with red interior. Paint is what you'd expect for a 75,000 mile car.

Good:
Tires are almost new
Engine strong, no leaks
No leaks in diff. Drive train feels tight.
Loaded with every option as far as I can tell.
Clean title.
Frame appears straight.

Bad:
Tie rod ends are shot
Brakes are about shot
Front two shocks are leaking, in need of rebuild at least.
Driver heated seat is dead
Car was previously hit enough to deploy airbags but appears to be fixed well.
Oil pressure gauge runs at about 2:00 -- is this right?
No maintenance history at all. Needs at least tranny flush and diff change.
Seems like under the rocker panels its starting to flake rust.

How much does a truck like this bring? At what price is it a serious buy? With all the strange negatives perhaps they are asking too much.

Current owner is asking $26k. It sounds like I'll have $3k into getting all this stuff fixed and still have a truck that's been hit. Thoughts?

waddellw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's a 2010 with almost every option with the price option set to "fair" the lowest option kbb gives for vehicle quality.

Moving on fixing up the shocks will be pricey, if you buy new ones that are the same as stock you're looking at 2,000 after taxes. Rebuilding will be cheaper but if they're destroyed they can't be rebuilt. So I'd say you'd be looking anywhere between 750-2000 in shocks.

The air bags going off and the fact that it was definitely in a wreck should tank the price. If it runs it runs but you shouldn't pay top dollar for a truck with damage in the history.

What really concerns me the most is you said the transmission had issues. Coming from someone who purchased a new transmission, I'd have it checked out before buying if the seller is willing. Otherwise you might be looking down the barrel of a 6,000 dollar repair.

It's a really difficult to price segment as trucks hold value particularly well when equipped with 4x4 and a v8 and the raptor is no exception if anything it's even better about holding value.

If I were you I'd do a little research and try to figure out the range of repairs from minimal to maximum required and try to settle with the seller somewhere in that range. Also try and be careful with the wreck history.

Definitely if I were you I would have the truck properly evaluated by a 3rd party and work with the seller to try and meet a fair price.

If the truck is worth 23,000 but you end up repairing 8,000 in damage, where does that leave you? It's all a game of meeting in the middle somewhere and trying to work out the most fair deal possible.

If the seller is not willing to work with you I'd say you'd be better to move on rather than lose a lot of money and be unhappy. There are plenty of used fish in the car sea. 41b3c65c1c59f532e8da7dbb49ab3613.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Sozzy12

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Agree with what it said above. I'd rather get a well taken care or truck with higher miles than one with a bunch of issues... That being said, I paid $33,900.00 for my 2012 in excellent shape with about 74,000 on it, at dealer. Only issue it has (still has) is one of the blend door actuators is clicking sometimes.

smoothie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like it has been beat to hell, I would run, not walk, away.

I have had many vehicles with >75k that were in pristine condition.

OP
OP
B

beefey

Reaction score
Thanks fellas... Sounds like I don't want one beat to hell.

I know the first owner ran it hard. I think the next two were grocery getters.

I'll toss an insult offer @ $22k.

That said having a $125 prepurchase inspection on someone elses truck sucks :/

SZDZMTR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What is your budget? Maximum you allowed yourself? The Raptor is generally a more involved truck to start ******* around with repairs. Best of luck with your search.

SVO 85

Reaction score
I got my 2010 with 100k miles for 24. The only things wrong with it were the rear defroster not working, sunroof gears stripped and a paint chip on the hood.

jakewomack800

Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm looking at purchasing a 2010 Raptor 6.2l with 75,000mi. Color is black with red interior. Paint is what you'd expect for a 75,000 mile car.

Good:
Tires are almost new
Engine strong, no leaks
No leaks in diff. Drive train feels tight.
Loaded with every option as far as I can tell.
Clean title.
Frame appears straight.

Bad:
Tie rod ends are shot
Brakes are about shot
Front two shocks are leaking, in need of rebuild at least.
Driver heated seat is dead
Car was previously hit enough to deploy airbags but appears to be fixed well.
Oil pressure gauge runs at about 2:00 -- is this right?
No maintenance history at all. Needs at least tranny flush and diff change.
Seems like under the rocker panels its starting to flake rust.

How much does a truck like this bring? At what price is it a serious buy? With all the strange negatives perhaps they are asking too much.

Current owner is asking $26k. It sounds like I'll have $3k into getting all this stuff fixed and still have a truck that's been hit. Thoughts?

Mine is for sale a 2011 Scab black in great condition with 125k miles and doesnt miss a beat. Im selling mine for $29k...ohh and its got an aftermarket exhaust

djscheele

Reaction score
I paid 25k for my 11 Scab with 115k. Loaded, only issue was a blown front shock. I think deals are out there if you are patient enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk