Is there anyone from Baja Designs on the site?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Crashking

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's definitely unusual, wonder what the cause was. I've had several popular competitor lights that I've had to warranty several times for water intrusion, even after warranty repairs. I haven't had a single issue from BD lights so far, 2 years going now with a variety of their lights.

FastEddie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got BD lights on my Raptor. In general I like them, but... one, a Squadron Pro is now at BD for rebuild after failing due to water intrusion. This same light failed before for the exact same reason. Its been at BD for about 2.5 months now, and my dealer says they have 8 customers who have lights at BD that are all backed up on repair. Can someone from BD give a report on warranty repair status?? Or better yet expedite your backlog?

Baja Designs

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I've got BD lights on my Raptor. In general I like them, but... one, a Squadron Pro is now at BD for rebuild after failing due to water intrusion. This same light failed before for the exact same reason. Its been at BD for about 2.5 months now, and my dealer says they have 8 customers who have lights at BD that are all backed up on repair. Can someone from BD give a report on warranty repair status?? Or better yet expedite your backlog?

I would recommend giving Devin a call (800)422-5292x126. He handles all of the Warranty work at BD and will be able to update you on your repair.
The repair should not be taking this long as our typical lead times are within 5-7 business days unless otherwise noted.

Best Regards,
Bailey, Baja Designs

OP
OP
B

Black_Valkyrie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update...

Well... nothing is ever easy... regardless after much back and forth with BD about my issue finally came to an agreement for me to pay for an "upgrade". Though I wasn't entirely pleased with the entire process, there are a few nuances in their warranty that essentially left me uncovered as the 2nd owner of the raptor.

The deal they offered me in the end was reasonable certainly after I calculated the shipping costs to have the old unit repaired by them.

Now... to the install of the "new" unit. The original Baja Designs lightbar was 22" and had been mounted deep inside the intake. The truck had been "modified" (more like hack sawed on) so the "large upper hole" needed to install the new 20" unit was physically gone.

uc

I made a few aluminum brackets to recreate the missing holes ...

uc

...and then plasti-dipped the whole mess to black it out.

uc

The original wiring matched up so that was no issue - plug and play. The new kit includes a rather sad excused for a "template" to cut a notch in the side bumpers to accommodate the bolt on the yoke. The template really isn't a template since it has no measurements, landmarks or positioning information, and in fact the accompanying photo for the raptor instructions for this image showed the bumper of an F350.

Here I've folded their fakey "template" to guesstimate where it should go... Note in reality the "template" is simply a rectangle in the middle of a blank piece of paper... (*sigh*)

uc

After working through that, the bonus upside of the hack job from the previous owner is that the sawed out areas provide free and clear access to the adjustment bolt on the back of the fixture.

Of note... one of the stainless mounting bolts snapped tightening it. The concept of using the bolts in general was flawed and the large bolts provided with the kit don't actually fit in the holes of the bracket they are intended too.

Luckily I used the left over Allen heads from the various unused bracket hardware to complete the mounting of the unit. Honestly it's better to use the Allen heads - you can easily get a long tee handle through to tighten it... much easier than a socket or wrestling a wrench in there.

Also the side bolts for the yoke are bright chrome and really stick out like a sore thumb so I plasti-dipped those out too.

Finished product...

uc

Last edited: