Sync update V4.4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptor Embroidery

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>Raptor_Al_41</font
Reaction score
Actually the new update is much much better. I did it on a buddies procharged 5.0 F150 and then my 2011 6.2 raptor. If using bluetooth, it shows the song title and artist rather than "Bluetooth media stream" on the small screen (neither of us have nav systems, just sync.) Also, it doesn't disconnect your music when you shut the truck off and restart it after a short period of time (for example, while getting gas and restarting your truck.)

FordIVTteam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What does the "Vehicle Health Report" do? When I hit "Yes"... what happens?

A Vehicle Health Report provides diagnostic, maintenance, and recall information so you can stay on top of your vehicle’s requirements. Once you press OK to proceed, SYNC will check the status of the major systems in your vehicle, and send the information to your Owner account using your phone.

Rebecca

OP
OP
mprice1234

mprice1234

SVT Gen 1 Rules
Reaction score
Phone is main number

Hi mprice1234,

Usually this means the phone you were using is not the main phone number on your account. Did you check that while chatting with Barbie?

The update mprice1234 is referring to is not for MyFord Touch systems. Your system is up-to-date with 3.6.2, Trick_Raptor.

Version 3.7 is the latest for yours, RDFTS. This update is for 2010-2013 vehicles with Basic SYNC and SYNC with MyFord; 2010-2014 vehicles with SYNC with Voice-Activated Navigation.

Rebecca

My phone is the main number and the Sync mobile number! I am registered and I received calls from Ford that it can not complete the vehicle health report on my phone because I need to register on syncmyride.com. To add to the frustration today I receive a text message from 4SYNC saying phone number not registered! Didn't have any issues before the update to 4.4.

FordIVTteam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Please try removing your phone number from your account and re-adding it. If that doesn't fix the issue, shoot me a PM with your VIN, mobile phone number, and the email address you use to log in with.

Rebecca

Conejoracer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did this update last night to my 2010 with the Sony system. I regret it already!
The Sync now defaults to line in every time I get in the truck- I now have to select Bluetooth audio.
My system had never been updated before, and I liked that it would always startup BT as soon as I started the truck up.
I've tried reinstalling the update, resetting the system, unpairing and repairing the phone. Nada.
Not happy.

Conejoracer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What other things do you see different for our 2010 1/2 with Nav???

I like that it now displays the artist and track, it didn't do that before. It takes a second or three longer to start up now, and the sync voice sometimes sounds a little weird.
I've not noticed anything else.
Since I've owned the truck, the sync has been paired with a iPhone 4, 4s, and 5s. It's always worked well until this.

Floyd91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did this update last night to my 2010 with the Sony system. I regret it already!
The Sync now defaults to line in every time I get in the truck- I now have to select Bluetooth audio.
My system had never been updated before, and I liked that it would always startup BT as soon as I started the truck up.
I've tried reinstalling the update, resetting the system, unpairing and repairing the phone. Nada.
Not happy.

I was having the same problem right after installing the update. After shutting the truck off for a few minutes and starting it back up everything was working as intended.

Conejoracer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was having the same problem right after installing the update. After shutting the truck off for a few minutes and starting it back up everything was working as intended.

I've been using mine for a day and a half and it has not improved. I'm glad yours has though!
After spending some time researching this, it appears to be hit or miss as to whether this update works in regards to BT connectivity.

Floyd91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been using mine for a day and a half and it has not improved. I'm glad yours has though!
After spending some time researching this, it appears to be hit or miss as to whether this update works in regards to BT connectivity.

Did you get one or two "installation complete" messages? I received one and pulled the usb thinking it was done. It told me to put the usb back in so I did and about 20 minutes later I got another installation complete message.