Suspension Height question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AlsRap

Reaction score
My raptor, when viewed from the back, looks crooked. What I mean is the right rear bed height seem taller than the left side. So I measured the space between the tire and the wheel well and the right side was about an inch and half longer. The fronts are equal but the rears are not even. I have not taken the truck on any off roading. Any thoughts before I take into the shop?

BobCajun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep mine is the same way and I think there are some threads discussing this. Much of the lean can be attributed to a full tank I believe.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

BigBOSS

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There's about a 215 lb weight difference full tank to empty tank on a screw. One wife or two girlfriends in the passenger seat will even it out.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Great mod!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

JDUB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check it with an empty tank. If it's still leaning then you probably have a blown shock.

Mine was leaning bad with an empty tank.

My truck blew out the drivers side shock within 18K miles and has never been offroad. Apparently the shocks can't even handle urban offroading.

Towerhog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It'll be fine……….. As long as you don't look at it. But we all know that won't work, we all love to look at our trucks too much.

If its off kilter when the tank has less fuel, it means the spring may have over settled. Only way to fix it is with a new set of leafs. The rear shocks BTW don't have anything to do with the stance. Its all leaf baby.

It may be time for an aftermarket spring upgrade. :gr_grin:

LONGISLANDRAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree with Tower. Shocks will not support the vehicle. Many issues will affect this, check you tire pressures, one low and one high can give you this lean!