Snow and ice performance

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Hoverp

Hoverp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I mean in the deep snow, up here in MT when it gets deep off road we all run chains, it keeps tires digging, just wondered if the Raptor would do ok with chains on. I don't see why it would not , it should have plenty of clearance.

gwpfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interested as yes I drive in areas where one will need to chain up.

I don't think your going to get chains on the front tires. I want to say the manual doesn't recommend it, but I know it doesn't on my 12' Lariat either but they barely fit. The Raptor has less room on the front.

I think you could chain up on the rear, but unless you go to offsets/narrower tires you'll have to use cables on the front.

I'll be setting mine up this fall for chains/cables.

Next question, how well does the hill descent mode work on snow and ice?

Raptor_man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love the raptor in the snow! Seems as if there isn't any snow on the ground. I drove through the worst winter in history up here in Michigan and didn't even use 4x4 once.
Everything stock.

I was actually a little disappointed because I use to have so much fun sliding around in my old f150, my old ranger, and my f350.

lka

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We got snow again this week, it does surprisingly well, I even slammed on the brakes a couple times to test it out and it stops well. Mage it up my 15° driveway just fine without shoveling. I picked up some cables to make it past chain patrol, has anyone used real chains with any issue?

lka

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dumb questions but 4 high is ok to use on highway with light snow?

I do and have with every vehicle ive owned, that's why it's there lol...

---------- Post added at 03:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:14 PM ----------

Lol, i'm driving in the ice and snow this morning, with some idiot in a little Honda iriding my ass even though I'm driving the speed limit in ****** road conditions :/

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
I can't wait to bomb through some unplowed snow... in the Starbucks parking lot. Damn concrete jungle Raptor.

oxfordraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I do and have with every vehicle ive owned, that's why it's there lol...

---------- Post added at 03:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:14 PM ----------

Lol, i'm driving in the ice and snow this morning, with some idiot in a little Honda iriding my ass even though I'm driving the speed limit in ****** road conditions :/

Yeah I figured this much but I thought I read somewhere not to run it on pavement in 4 high. I figure the caveat is the pavement is covered in snow LOL. Thanks!