Raptor service appointment gone bad

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I hate most dealerships. Sorry this has happened to you.

I come on the internet and read about guys like Randy, and I wonder... where the **** is the Randy in my town?

Phyguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I hate most dealerships. Sorry this has happened to you.

I come on the internet and read about guys like Randy, and I wonder... where the **** is the Randy in my town?

Randy's a free-floater...a drifter...some may say a legend. He crisscrosses the interstates and back roads during the pitch black night delivering the ultimate vehicle only to the most deserving.

Most may never get the chance to meet Randy, thus considering him an invented character in a concerted effort to keep the average consumer ever-striving for the ultimate deal.

But, remember this my friend, Randy does in fact exist.

If he were to pat you on the back, you would list it on your resume.
Both sides of his pillow are cool.
When in Rome, they do as he does.
He bowls… Overhand.
If he were to punch you in the face, you’d have to fight off the urge to thank him.
Sharks Have a week dedicated to him.

and...

...most importantly...

One of the most sincere dudes I've met.

Randy's the man.

Mike Hammer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That sucks. My dealership washes my truck every time I bring it in, whether they actually do work or not.

Thats something I tell them NOT to do. I do not want anyone washing my truck, ever see them drop the rag on the floor and then back in the bucket. Most swirll marks happen from these dudes washing, never cleaning or changing rags. Using rags from the bottom of the truck which seems to have more road dirt and then bringing the same rags on the top, I called it swirll city if you are lucky, stratch city if you are not.

If you care about the finish of your car do it your self!!!.

Never wash the bottom half of your truck with the same rags and water/soap as the top.

Last edited:

Boss Hoss

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Mike----Good Point!!!!! I always make sure it is on the ticket that it is not to be washed. Now some of you are going to think this is crazy but I try to take it in detailed out so i can see any issues when I get it back. This is just my opinion but maybe a tech is going to be a little more careful with a clean detailed vehicle than a dirty one..

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
x2... Clean truck means this guy wants the white glove treatment.

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is a sad story. I had a similar one when I first got my GT500. I was actually friends with the owner through his wife from college. I was so pissed after his techs joy rided my new GT500 I told him I slept with his wife in college a few times so we were almost even....She was standing next to him at the time. It's true too...needless to say i never went back and not been called over for dinner since.

Oh and they just went out of business so I guess there is ome carma, but I know how pissed you were. They couldn't have done anything I wouldn't do to the car but the fact they took it out and put on 80 miles in a 1.5 hour oild change and the car was hot when i got back in (first oil change too) and then they denied it even though i wrote the miles on my hand when i dropped it off and showed them was what really pissed me off....and Id have let them if they just asked.

Irritating - hope it all works out.

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What a bunch of jack legs...

Thought of this:

Attachments

• bueller3.jpg
    bueller3.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 44
OP
OP
Jackemuphigh21

Jackemuphigh21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mike----Good Point!!!!! I always make sure it is on the ticket that it is not to be washed. Now some of you are going to think this is crazy but I try to take it in detailed out so i can see any issues when I get it back. This is just my opinion but maybe a tech is going to be a little more careful with a clean detailed vehicle than a dirty one..

These were my exact thoughts but you see how that worked out. Those asshats didn't even give a shit. "Oh well yeah I remember it was pretty clean" pretty clean my ass, you could have performed surgery on the hood it was so clean. I guess that's just how they are allowed to treat customers at that dealership because all of the complaints I made must have fallen on deaf ears. Never received a follow up call or apology or anything. Just goes to show how people will take advantage of having no competition within 50 miles or so. Like I said before, I'll drive an hour to be treated with respect and not think twice about it.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
Similar story, I had just given my truck the weekend rub down and she was looking perfect. I brought it in and they washed it when they were finished. Sounds OK right? Wrong...they had some mildly retarded porter "wash" it with the AIDS infested brush and water that they must use all week before changing it. They hazed the crap out of my paint and did a shit ass job drying it, leaving streaks and water spots all over the place. Oh, and the tire shine on half my tires and all over my rims was the icing on the cake.

Sent from my thumbs using Tapatalk 2