Raptor Kills

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shooterAMG

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On my old AMG forum, guys would talk about the kills they would have. You know, killed an M3, killed a ricer Civic, killed an SRT8 or Camaro SS. Not sure if you guys do the same or think along the same line, but I sure like blowing vehicles away when I can. So I'll start!

Killed an old Camry with some rocker chick in it. She thought she was fast, until she heard the rumble of the 6.2! First kill in the Raptor and it only cost me 3 bucks worth of gas!!!!!!!

Share your kill stories if you got 'em.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
Dunno how this is gonna fly here, street drag racing is a touchy subject. I personally don't have any "kill" stories as the only time anyone has tried to race me it was Dodge CTD and I had my daughter in the truck. I would have lost anyway, and I won't race with my kid riding along.

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
A Raptor is not a street racer in any form. No matter how many ricer (Hennessy) stickers you put on it.

Sorry, if that sounds *******.

Facts are fact:
1) heavy ass truck (3tons)
2) aerodynamics of a barn door
3) big heavy tires (unsprung weight)
4) soft suspension
5) wheel hop
6) it is a purpose built offroad vehicle

-Greg

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
My bad, nothing wrong with playing within the law! Continue good sir!

OP
OP
shooterAMG

shooterAMG

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A Raptor is not a street racer in any form. No matter how many ricer (Hennessy) stickers you put on it.

Sorry, if that sounds *******.

Facts are fact:
1) heavy ass truck (3tons)
2) aerodynamics of a barn door
3) big heavy tires (unsprung weight)
4) soft suspension
5) wheel hop
6) it is a purpose built offroad vehicle

-Greg

No doubt dude, but it's a very capable, well tuned vehicle for street use. Come on, most people that buy these will be on-pavement most of the time. I know I will. I have some wheelin' trips planned in the next 6 weeks, but this is my daily driver, so it's going to see pavement more than anything.

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I understand, in order to put the power to the ground. You will end up killing the Raptor.

Example: to completely get rid of leaf spring wind up and axle hop, you will have to put on ladder bars.

Remove the offroad tires, and put more street racing friendly wheels and tires.

Upgrade driveshaft to withstand driveline shock and rotational force above 110 mph (stock driveshaft speed limit).

i guess the moral of the story is if you want to street race your daily driver, do it. But when damn near every "muscle car" or ricer beats you, the you will have to decide.. Offroad or street racer.

-Greg

OP
OP
shooterAMG

shooterAMG

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not doing any of that crud Greg. I guess my point is this, in my E63, people saw an old man Mercedes. Mustang's and the like would be shocked by a 4 door grandpa car pulling a low 4 second 0-60. I get the same thrill with the Raptor. People notice it, I mean, how can you not, but the fact that it's so quick on launch, it's fun to do a quick pull or here, if you don't mind draining gas out of it!

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I completely understand, this truck is so big and heavy. Yes, it will get up and move for what it is. But compared to muscle cars, hell even to a bmw x5 it is slow.. For sure the shock and awe value of the truck taking off will surprise a lot of people. True gearheads will just laugh and leave you standing..

-Greg

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
I completely understand, this truck is so big and heavy. Yes, it will get up and move for what it is. But compared to muscle cars, hell even to a bmw x5 it is slow.. For sure the shock and awe value of the truck taking off will surprise a lot of people. True gearheads will just laugh and leave you standing..

-Greg

Unless you have the little-V8-that-could, in which case they will marvel at the sheer speed you are able to attain.:sunot: