R.I.P.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jsmcgregor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would like everyone to bow their head and say a little prayer for my 2011 Raptor whose life was cut short. Please also ask the good Lord to forgive the complete idiot who rear ended me. It seems you don't even need to speak english in the state of Virginia to obtain a drivers license. The only words you need to learn are, "Unforeseen Medical Event." If you use these magic words after you hit someone going 50 MPH in the rear, you or your insurance company are not liable for any damages. They must hand out a pamphlet at immigration that tells you how to screw over the system. Luckily for me, I'm fully insured against such idiots. Here is what I learned:

A Raptor can take a full on rear end hit from a Toyota Tundra and not crumple like a beer can. Any other car and we would have needed the jaws of life. Pictures attached (I hope)

Replacement insurance is the way to go. They will pay me full replacement cost including tax, tags, fees, and title for a new 2014 Raptor. If you don't have it, GET IT!

You can negotiate a total loss with the insurance companies. They wanted to weld in new sections of frame and twist it back into shape. I'm sure I don't need to explain how messed up that would have been. I said I would get an independent adjuster and they decided to total it.

Whiplash Sucks!

So, even after all the aggravating transmission/driveshaft clunks and other minor issues, I do see a 2014 Raptor in my very near future. Any suggestions on colors?

Attachments

• IMG_0444.jpg
    IMG_0444.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 208
  • IMG_0457.jpg
    IMG_0457.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 196

FLYING BONES

Reaction score
Ain't that some bull chit! Illegals ain't cool. Get paper or get lost. Go with black, as you already know it gets the hottest chicks.

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using Tapatalk

Blind1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sorry hear about you wreck and I know it sucks. I concur whiplash sucks as well. Good luck with acquiring a 2014.