Payload. Let's get it right.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mblgjr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In researching my Raptor purchase (and other truck purchases) in the past year; I've noted how many dealers and individuals don't understand how optional equipment impacts payload ratings. The payload must be calculated when adding options to a base truck.

That said, the Raptor payload isn't "low". It's correct and the ADVERTISED payload figures for most pickups are higher what the actual payload is of the trucks consumers purchase (Read: Optioned up).

Because the Raptor only comes in one overall trim configuration with minimal options, Ford had to "tell the truth" about the payload. Whereas they don't accurately calculate it for the other F150 trim levels. They only supply the payload for a "stripped" base-model cab/bed/powertrain configuration.

So, that said, read the following links and educate yourselves about OPT and ARC weights and enjoy the calculations sheet.

But, for sake of conversation the Raptor 133" wb is rated at 950# payload.

Take a 145" Wb SCAB w/5.4 4x4. Listed at a payload of 1670 with an OPT/ARC of 806#. Thus, if you have a full-option truck in this case and subtract the 806 from the 1670; you're left with a Payload of 864. LESS than the Raptor. Granted, that's an extreme example because not all trucks have all options and optional equipment (like a winch/brushguard and a toolbox, etc.) installed; but it can happen.

For many buyers that get leather, heated seats, navigation, etc. etc. etc. and still think they have a ~1700# payload, they are misguided and undereducated (and likely overloading their trucks if they actually use 'em).

https://www.fleet.ford.com/truckbbas/non-html/2010/10_F-150.pdf

https://www.fleet.ford.com/truckbbas/topics/2011/2011_Truck_Payload_Workbook.pdf

Now please stop saying the Raptor payload is "low".

Last edited:

Lead Foot

Reaction score
It's a Half ton truck!

half ton = 1000 lbs , 950 lbs Close enough :~)

I think thats Great specially with the flex the Raptor has...

You are not gonna get a High payload and super flex it's one or the other,thats why you Don't see a Dodge Diesel Power wagon!They can not meet the weight limits for the truck to be a 2500 and still have a Lot of Flex,the leaf springs have to be to stiff which means Very little flex...That Diesel Is HEAVY!

Payload don't mean a whole lot to me,long as i can Pull a nice size trailer i'm good to go!

My Key West Boat is 22' and weighs around 3500# Long as the raptor can Snatch that around I'll be happy!

My two bikes are a litte under 400# each ,so they will be fine in the Back of the raptor,i usually haul them one at a time anyway :~)

nbg-mustang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

a take a look on the Ford Website with the technical Information but can´t find the right Information. Can anybody of you tell me how much payload a Raptor SuperCrewCab have?

How much Ibs/Pounds (don´t know the difference) can the Raptor load? Is in the US specification of Payload the Pounds of 5 Person included or is it separate? Important for me is how much a Raptor can load including 5 person?

Thank you for your Help

Regards

Daniel

t_j

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's on your door sticker on the inside of the drivers door and around 1000lbs.

dataustin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
darn, I didn't look at the original post date until I saw Bird's post which meant it was a ways back... ;-)

nbg-mustang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok Guys thank you. 1000Ibs is not a lot of Payload, so can anybody of you tell me why a Raptor can load only 1000Ibs? Is that a technical reason because the Frame, Gearbox or any other Part is only desgined to handle less then 1000Ibs?

One more question is why the Raptor can pull only 8000Ibs, a other F150 11.000Ibs? is there also a technical reason for that? Is the Gearbox, Differencial, Axle, Engine or any other Part only desgined to handle 8000Ibs?

One more question........ can't finde any information on Ford Website what Water Level the Raptor can accross, mean's how deep a River can be to overcross with a Raptor.

Thank you Guys for your Help and Information

Sincerley
Daniel