One and ONLY gas mileage thread please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I got 6.8mpg on my last tank. That included towing a 30' 7000lb travel trailer, off-roading at Raptoberfest, and then towing the trailer back.

kboss87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So far with 500 miles on the truck, I am averaging 14.2. Mixed highway and city, about 50/50. I've only put 89 in it thus far.

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
anybody read this whole thing? is anything proven that assists with gas mileage? just wondering.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
anybody read this whole thing? is anything proven that assists with gas mileage? just wondering.

Yup, one thing: A mature right foot. It's a 3 ton vehicle, aerodynamic as a brick, with a big damn engine. There's no magic, there is only physics. Drive it like it is what it is, or accept the consequences. There is nothing else.

D

Deleted member 12951

After raptorberfest and averaging my 20hr highway drive roundtrip. LOL
720e963304d19d9fae4704755f13b2c5.jpg

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Here's what I don't understand. My first car was a 1970 Oldsmobile Delta 88 with the 455 cubic inch (7.5L) engine. This was a carbureted, pushrod, points and condenser engine. Curb weight was 4,537 pounds - just 1500 pounds less than the Raptor. When I bought it from my uncle it got 7 mpg, but that was because he didn't know how to maintain a vehicle. The tires were at 12 psi when I got it. By the time I got through with it, I got a steady 17 mpg. It was more aerodynamic than the Raptor and weighed a bit less, but had a much less sophisticated engine and transmission and no engine management electronics. I can't understand why the Raptor doesn't get at least equal gas mileage.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Here's what I don't understand. My first car was a 1970 Oldsmobile Delta 88 with the 455 cubic inch (7.5L) engine. This was a carbureted, pushrod, points and condenser engine. Curb weight was 4,537 pounds - just 1500 pounds less than the Raptor. When I bought it from my uncle it got 7 mpg, but that was because he didn't know how to maintain a vehicle. The tires were at 12 psi when I got it. By the time I got through with it, I got a steady 17 mpg. It was more aerodynamic than the Raptor and weighed a bit less, but had a much less sophisticated engine and transmission and no engine management electronics. I can't understand why the Raptor doesn't get at least equal gas mileage.

Aerodynamics and weight play a big part. Increased rotational mass with 35" tires that are heavier. 4 wheel drive. 4.10 gears.