Oilfield Raptors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SVTRay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I supply diesel to Hydraulic Well Servicing companies here in West Texas. Anyhow, I was hauling some diesel the other day when the company man showed up in a 2010 5.4L Raptor! I got to talking to talking with the guy and he bought his Raptor just for work. Now if you haven't ever been on an oilfield lease road, these roads can get rough. So trust me when I say he made the right choice in work trucks :) Anyways, I mentioned the site, so maybe he will sign up. Ironically, I was actually going to take my Raptor to this site since there was two of us doing the job. I like to take the Raptor when there is two people because it's more comfortable than a day cab and has a DVD player. But I changed my mind and road in the tanker.

00afab4d.png

9bb6f97b.png

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nice! Maybe we ought to get a "Raptors at Work" photo contest going one of these days.

OP
OP
SVTRay

SVTRay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ya, I was just at a well site but it was way to tight for a photo op...I'm still trying to figure out how I'm going to squeeze my tanker in tomorrow.

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
What part of WestTX are you at I am in San Angelo? I assume you're in the "petroplex"
Have you ever headed out to Twin Buttes? I have been out there once before about 10 years ago and was curious if it was worth the trip in a Raptor. I have family in Midland, so I am usually out there at least once a year.

Trig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hoping to be back there next spring. If so, I'll be in Abilene. I'll definitely be hitting up points further west. A Big Bend trip may be in order!

ironside

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Bumping this thread im in the valley oilfield I see about a half dozen raptors around the Williston area

#oilfieldraptors