Insurance for your upgrades

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
see AAA is so awesome why another reason to believe them on the ethanol thing sorry I had to... ok now on for the read this might take a while.

---------- Post added at 01:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:41 PM ----------

I've had good luck with northstar but it's probably local to sd.

2manytrucks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Trust me with this one and State Farm, get multiple pictures and provide receipts for everything. Its all good until they have to pay off...then they want everything documented. Same deal for theft.

OP
OP
Yukon Joe

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
We were in the receiving end off AAA in California when Nicole was rear ended. It was a battery to get paid. But eventually they paid.

Moral of the story is to get it in writing and everything else is hearsay

Yukon Joe
www.RUNRAPTORRUN.com

Mil T

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pictures of truck with all add ons. Receipts. Stated Value. Letter to be filed with agent or company with all the above on it. This is the required information if you have a total or serious claim with major damage. If a company is not going to pay for what the auto mobile is worth then you need to change company's period. Do your homework. Not all company's are the same.
One item to also remember is that if you have an accident with someone that has the same insurance, The company usually will make each person's insurance pay for their own damage. Not sure why they want to excuse an at fault accident but that's what I've seen happen. Geico and Progressive are mine and both of them supposedly has this policy.

Labraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
We HAD done our research and documentation with AAA. Hence the running fight for almost 4 months. After the adjuster went over the truck, all the reciepts and documentation he told me the check would be issued the next day. That check never got cut. Took 4 months to get 3 checks out of them. They decided not to challenge my attorney.
Typed more but decided this was enough for a public forum. Ask me sometime in person how I really feel about AAA. :mad:

OP
OP
Yukon Joe

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
We HAD done our research and documentation with AAA. Hence the running fight for almost 4 months. After the adjuster went over the truck, all the reciepts and documentation he told me the check would be issued the next day. That check never got cut. Took 4 months to get 3 checks out of them. They decided not to challenge my attorney.
Typed more but decided this was enough for a public forum. Ask me sometime in person how I really feel about AAA. :mad:

Dam Mark that sucks. Hardly ever a claim ever goes well. I've don't my home work and I'm still prepared for a fight. I rally sucks

Yukon Joe
www.RUNRAPTORRUN.com

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It might help to become friends with your agent that way you pay and they protect. I now have that.

Labraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thankfully I am friends with my agent. AAA tried to throw him under the bus. Told them he had all the proper documentation as well and I would not take a dime of his money. They were obligated to pay not the agent. He had proof they had recieved the documentation but they "couldn't" find so they said it would be best if his agency paid for the after maket items. It is mostly over now but I still clearly have strong feelings about what went down.