Instrument Cluster Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ok - I looked everywhere and couldn't find anything covering my issue:

I drive a lot. A LOT. Sometimes it is at night. I'm one of those guys that can't stand a bunch of bright lights in the cab when driving at night. Wanna keep my attention forward through the windshield watching for suicidal wildlife!

Anyway, the friggin' cruise control indicator light and the high-beam indicator light are way too bright for me. I've gone so far as on long rides to stick a business card between the dash panel and the cluster cover to completely cover the light. I'm afraid one of these days that I'm gonna scratch the clear cover. Then the OCD will kick in and cost me money.

Does anyone have this issue, and have you done anything about it to 'dim' these little suckers?

Thanks.....

OP
OP
2014RubyRed

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wear sunglasses

Typically retarded reply. Coming from the polarity challenged lightbulb guy.....

---------- Post added at 11:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 PM ----------

Go to a tint shop and get a piece large enough to cover what you need

See, it's ideas like this that actually make sense. That's a great solution!!!

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
I think we were both complaining about that to/from TRR... that is really stupid that it is so damn bright.

Reaction score
I used to use black tape then switched to tint. I drive a ton day/night as well and what drives me crazy is that the gauge lights, dash info screen and mft display are all off. If I have the display where it's just right then the gauges are too dim. I've tried dimming the mft display but even all the way down and it still seems to bright when I have the gauges lit enough. If that makes sense does anyone else have this issue?

Trick.Raptor

The Cracker Raptor
Reaction score
I used to use black tape then switched to tint. I drive a ton day/night as well and what drives me crazy is that the gauge lights, dash info screen and mft display are all off. If I have the display where it's just right then the gauges are too dim. I've tried dimming the mft display but even all the way down and it still seems to bright when I have the gauges lit enough. If that makes sense does anyone else have this issue?

I find the cluster bright but I can live with it dimmed. I do constantly fidget with it.

At dusk it's not bright enough so I crank it up, turn on the stupid dome lights, crank it back down then back up. Then it gets dark and I crank it back down.

I'm a big fan of 80's German clusters in red. Audi stop doing all red clusters a while ago so I keep my old Audi around it is better to drive at night :)