How "smooth" is a Raptor really supposed to be?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trick.Raptor

The Cracker Raptor
Reaction score
Compared to my previous Jeep Grand Cherokee, Jeep Cherokee and Nissan Titan the ride in the Raptor is night and day. Where the Raptor really shines is off-road, at speed this is where you really notice how great the ride is stock.

There is a difference between great ride and smooth though and I think your expectations are not what the Raptor is made for. In the end, this is a big pig of a truck and there is no hiding that...

It's just the most bad-ass outrageous big pig of a truck you will ever drive :)

---------- Post added at 05:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:41 PM ----------

Sounds to me like you have way too much air in the tires.
Try airing down to 40 psi. I ride 40 in front and 38 in the back.
It's the first thing I did when I received my truck 4 years ago, they had 50 psi in all the tires. The 44 psi. recommended pressure is still to hard for me.
If you don't have a Tune you won't be able to go lower than 40 without the warning light going on.
And a set of Deavers rear springs will diffinetly help with the rear jitters.

How are the tires wearing at that pressure? I ask because my older Jeeps ran BFG KO's at the recommended pressure and they wore evenly over the time I had them. My Titan at 35PSI (recommended) wore the centers out and it was not noticeable until 30,000+ miles but I was able to adjust the pressure and at 50,000 they looked normal again (and quite used!).

At 44PSI the Raptor is riding rough but I have not looked at what others are running and at what point will the tire wear unevenly...

(edit... didn't see the response about PSI until after I asked a question)

That said, at 38PSI and below you will get a pressure warning, correct? Anyone seeing any uneven tire wear at 40PSI?

Last edited:

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
18,000 miles and they are 1/2 worn maybe a tad more and so far they are even, but I've rotated them three times and had my alignment done twice at KHC.
It wasn't out by much each time but I like a steady solid ride. The first alignment was just a toe adjustment after mid-perch.

6cuda6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Find a dirt back road somewhere and drive it at highway speeds...you'll change you mind...lol.

Or drop 2 wheels onto a gravel shoulder and you won't even notice the difference...that is how well this suspension works... Word of caution though here; avoid the mailboxes, this truck is wide....lol.

Westside Offroad Group

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I had a Platinum F150 that I traded in on the Raptor and when I first started driving the Raptor I thought the Platinum rode better on the highway but not by much. After driving the Raptor for nearly a year I'm still grinning ear to ear every time I get behind the wheel. The only drawback is that I can't stop thinking about shit to buy for the Raptor.

I have some reading material for you in the link in my sig

*shameless plug*