How do you feel driving a race car compare to your truck?!!!

How do you feel driving a race car (or a regular car) compare to your truck?

• I feel uncomfortable driving cars.

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • I feel comfortable driving both cars and trucks.

Votes: 28 75.7%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fellow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yesterday I drove my brother’s Camaro. I did not feel comfortable when I was driving it. I do not what it is exactly, but maybe I am used to drive my truck, which is higher than the Camaro. And I experience this weird feeling when driving regular cars too. I can say that driving a truck is much easier.

Does anyone feel uncomfortable driving cars because he is used now to drive trucks?

Last edited:

Hazzard

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hate driving cars on the highway or as a daily driver, I have been in some form of a 4x4 since I was 18. Being able to see over other vehicles is the biggest plus for me. I will say though just messing around town or on a back road throwing gravel around every turn I love driving the Mustang (or any rear wheel drive that holds the road for that matter).

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
A couple of years ago my daughter had knee surgery, and I flew to California to help her while she couldn't drive. She has a Porsche 911 and couldn't operate the clutch with that knee. It was totally weird driving that 911. I was looking UP at VW Beetles! I felt like I could change lanes UNDER pickup trucks. She can keep that thing. I'm sold on the Raptor.

OP
OP
Fellow

Fellow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess that driving trucks ruins driving race cars. There should be a warning on trucks that says: “do not drive this truck if you drive other cars.” You know what I mean. Lol.

MTUH3

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I switch between my truck and car often, it takes about 20 minutes just getting used to the new environment. Going from the car to the truck or other way around. Not so much ride height or size as it is just how the pedals, wheel, and shifter are in relation to my body.

Reaction score
It is apples to oranges for my body so I enjoy both. Going from the Raptor to test driving a 2013 Lexus IS-F is a world of a difference. I like the Lexus for the insane acceleration but the Raptor feels more comfortable chugging along at high speeds. Sport suspension mode makes the Lexus grab the road and not let go, but you feel like you can read braille on the road.

Mjolnir

FRF Addict
Reaction score
the main difference for me is dropping between my cars and my raptor is braking.

both of my fast cars have carbon ceramic rotors and will stop on a dime, so after I've been driving the raptor for awhile then I drive one of them i'll stop about 40 feet sooner than I expect. likewise the other way, you can't bomb up to a stoplight and hit the brakes 20 feet before or you find yourself sitting in the intersection.

Tornitron

Reaction score
No issues at all driving cars. I own several vehicles, and the Raptor is currently my only truck, but have owned several trucks over the years including an F450. For daily driving around town, I prefer the Raptor. There are so many unqualified drivers on the roads these days, and few seem to even pay attention to stop signs and red lights anymore. Sharing the road with a truck tends to make other drivers a little more cautious, alert and frankly submissive in their driving. That was especially prevalent when I was driving the F450. Also, in a fender bender, most trucks will soak up an impact with very little damage, not to mention pot holes. In snowy conditions, when bad drivers become even worse, a truck is almost a necessity over a car.
While fine for cruising, I typically don't enjoy the Raptor or any other truck on the highway. They are not very stable at higher speeds, and the brakes are a bit lacking, to say the least.
For spirited on-road driving, the Raptor isn't much better than a sports car is off-road. That is of course to be expected.

Switching back and forth can be a bit awkward for a few minutes, but you can adjust quickly. I'd say its on-par with often switching between vehicles with automatic and manual transmissions.