highest mileage?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Buzz

Reaction score
High Mile

Second hand is always a crap shoot, so much depends on how the truck was treated by previous owner(s). I've had really good luck. A seeping trans cooler line replaced; front hub replaced; heater blend door failed - sounds small but you have to tear seats, console & dash out. About $1200 labor to replace a $65 part. Anyways, rear brakes were replaced 5 times, front brakes twice and all 4 rotors only once. That's it for mechanical issues. I was never a Ford guy but I have to say that this truck has been an outstanding performer. The 6.2 Boss engine is thirsty but it sure runs strong when you put your foot in it. The transmission is ok - the geek modes certainly liven the truck up. But really the Raptor is all about suspension. Some guys on this site have reported all kinds of mechanical horror stories but that can happen with any vehicle. Personally, I would not hesitate to buy used. Just check 'er out real close, especially the obvious big ticket items like engine, drivetrain & the Fox suspension components. Buzz

Last edited: