HELP: Tune to Stock

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BLACKMAMBA777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Need some help here.

I am headed in to the dealer this week to change my oil. Of course I don't want to take it in with my tune so today, for the first time, I returned it back to stock.

I was told that on stock tune you cannot rev higher than 3k RPMs in park. Well the truck still does.

I figured I did something wrong so I hooked up the device again, but it told me the ECM was already returned to stock. Not quote sure what the next step is.

Suggestions?

Bulletnjm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
First off what tune do you have, 5 Star? If so im pretty sure mine did the same thing when i returned it to stock too. Other than that do you notice a decrease in power from when it was tuned?

OP
OP
BLACKMAMBA777

BLACKMAMBA777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First off what tune do you have, 5 Star? If so im pretty sure mine did the same thing when i returned it to stock too. Other than that do you notice a decrease in power from when it was tuned?

Yes, 5 star. I feel like there is a difference in the throttle response. Especially when cruising at a different speed, then getting back on it.

Bulletnjm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
IMO i think it is probably back to stock, im sure that you already know that the dealer can see if it was tuned or not so it does not matter on that end. But i do remember reading somewhere that if you bring it to them tuned and they re-flash it back to stock it can lock your tune out. I believe if that happens you have to re-download the tunes to the hand held tuner. Someone correct me if any of this is incorrect as i am just going off memory and things i have read.

Icecobra

FRF Addict
Reaction score
IMO i think it is probably back to stock, im sure that you already know that the dealer can see if it was tuned or not so it does not matter on that end. But i do remember reading somewhere that if you bring it to them tuned and they re-flash it back to stock it can lock your tune out. I believe if that happens you have to re-download the tunes to the hand held tuner. Someone correct me if any of this is incorrect as i am just going off memory and things i have read.

This is correct..

mike.s

Reaction score
When my truck was brand new, I was able to REV higher than 3k while in parked. This was before I got 5Star done.

Mad Max

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Didn't know about the 3k park limiter...never tried mine before loading my tune.