Ford ESP only, MPP not accepted

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LastLight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recently purchased my truck out of state and really wanted to purchase the extended warranty program. However the selling dealer only pushed his 3rd party extended warranty called MPP. I decided to let them add it but retained the right to cancel within 30 days if i changed my mind.

That evening I talked to my local servicing dealer if they would accept the MPP warranty if I ever needed it. He said absolutely not, they only accept the FORD ESP version. 2 other local dealers told me the same thing.

It took me a week of escalations to get that MPP taken off my deal from the selling dealer…he fought it every step saying he would back any problems even though he is 5 hours away. Reluctantly, he removed it and refused to sell me an ESP plan.

So now I find out Florida has some weird rules that these plans must be purchased from a dealer within the state making the price nonnegotiable or basically 3 times what they cost outside the state.

Here is my question, Other ESP selling sites tell me Florida has to honor the warranty regardless of where its purchased.
Do I gamble on the lessor priced out of state ESP plan or bend to the powers of local govt and buy the tripled priced Florida ESP version?

Its not a discussion about whether the extended warranty is worth it or not. Its simply about will local FORD dealer honor it locally if something breaks.

I did the same thing with my toyota warranty and the local toyota dealer accepted it without issue. Just a gamble I guess.

Factory Discount Warranty 6/100 was $1090 Tire Care was 7 yrs for $388

oxfordraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes they will honor it. Doesn't matter where you bought it. I shop all my extenders online as their cheaper than the dealer. Most often I get them from another dealer that sells them online to a greater audience at half price. BMW and Infiniti both honored them so I don't see why Ford wouldn't especially if purchased from another Ford dealer. Ford actually just sent me a pamphlet about the extended and an option to purchase it after owning for a year. FYI

OP
OP
LastLight

LastLight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Best price I found for the ESP was through these guys....

Ford ESP: Ford Extended Service Plans at highly discounted prices. Lowest Price Guarantee!

No connection, no kickback, just info.

Have had no issues with local dealer honoring it.

All I can add is check around for the best deal prior to signing at a dealer.

my quote from the link in my original post is $320 cheaper than from Zeiglar.

Zeiglar 6/100 $1420 with $100 deductible

FD warranty direct 6/100 $1090 with $100 deductible

I appreciate everyones input on this subject. My biggest concerns over price is Florida's weird rules on these plans. They have the price fixed instate where the same plan will cost me $2900 locally because its regulated by the insurance division. SCAM I know but I just cant move. I have been told by many that FORD will support this plan regardless of where i buy it so I am going to buy it out of state for a 1/3 of the price.

ZBoater

FRF Addict
Reaction score
...I have been told by many that FORD will support this plan regardless of where i buy it so I am going to buy it out of state for a 1/3 of the price.

Did you find an out of state place that will sell it to you?

OP
OP
LastLight

LastLight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you find an out of state place that will sell it to you?

Yes,

FD-Warranty.com
1 Main Street
Greenfield, MA 01301
t. 413-772-0989
f. 413-774-2247

Contact - Troy Dietrich
Factory Discount Warranty

I had previously purchased my Toyota extended warranty from this guy and he had the best price that I could find. Troy is selling me one for my Raptor. You can see the amount he quoted me in the post above.

ZBoater

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes,

FD-Warranty.com
1 Main Street
Greenfield, MA 01301
t. 413-772-0989
f. 413-774-2247

Contact - Troy Dietrich
Factory Discount Warranty

I had previously purchased my Toyota extended warranty from this guy and he had the best price that I could find. Troy is selling me one for my Raptor. You can see the amount he quoted me in the post above.

Excellent! Thank you. I'll give Troy a call to get a quote.

OP
OP
LastLight

LastLight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Excellent! Thank you. I'll give Troy a call to get a quote.

here is what he quoted me;

I could add the FORD TireCare for $388 for a 7 year program.

Tell him Dave from Florida sent you. You can go up to 7yrs/125k miles also.

ZBoater

FRF Addict
Reaction score
here is what he quoted me;

I could add the FORD TireCare for $388 for a 7 year program.

Tell him Dave from Florida sent you. You can go up to 7yrs/125k miles also.

Awesome. The Ford and Ziegler sites let me go out to 9 years and 125K miles because my car is CPO. $1885 with a $50 deductible.

The deductible is an interesting. It's $300 more to go to $0 deductible from my $50. That's six visits in the next last 5 years (first 4 being covered by factory and CPO warranty). I think I'd rather save $300.