Floor Jacks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptizzle

FYT
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Let's see what you guys are working with for the Raptor.

Do you guys think a 1.5 Ton light racing floor jack will do the job for these trucks? I'm talking only lifting one corner up at a time for tire changes and such...

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
One thing to keep in mind is to make sure that the jack has enough stroke to lift the truck by the frame. The 2.5 ton that I have just *barely* has enough.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
When I rotate tires I use two heavy duty floor jacks, one rated at 3 tons and the other at 3.5 tons. Neither has enough stroke and I have to rest them on 2x4s to get sufficient lift. The 3 tone jack is older and complains about the weight.

linexsa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
we use 2.5T matco jacks, and they max out on these trucks. i really hate using 2x4s on top, they make me cringe!

jondle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Shit...I hadn't even considered that yet. I have a cheap ass 1 ton jack I used for my old Hyundai, but nothing that will come close to touching the frame on the truck. Oh well, new tools are always welcome. I'll keep an eye on this thread for a jack that works really well and isn't barely working.

OP
OP
Raptizzle

Raptizzle

FYT
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No need to contact the frame for me. I'll be lifting either front a-arm directly or the the rear diff. Just want to make sure the 1.5 has enough muscle to get the job done (safely).

SPRSNK

I Void Warranties
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For the trail:
prod_image_overlay.png