fender flares

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

timbo33

Reaction score
Has anyone ever gone with the 4.5in flare 2in rise RPG front fenders and the 4.5in flare 2in rise RPG bedsides on a stock raptor?? Thinking about maybe trying it out! Any thoughts???

RaptorAddict.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Has anyone ever gone with the 4.5in flare 2in rise RPG front fenders and the 4.5in flare 2in rise RPG bedsides on a stock raptor?? Thinking about maybe trying it out! Any thoughts???

You will want to get a long travel suspension kit in the front to compensate for the width of the 4.5" fenders. They flare way out! You can leave the rear suspension alone, but the bedsides will flare out past the outer tire walls. As for applications for the fenders and bedsides, please PM me and I can fill you in on the details of what's involved with applications.

Timbo

Reaction score
You will want to get a long travel suspension kit in the front to compensate for the width of the 4.5" fenders. They flare way out! You can leave the rear suspension alone, but the bedsides will flare out past the outer tire walls. As for applications for the fenders and bedsides, please PM me and I can fill you in on the details of what's involved with applications.

Ok thanks. But until I can go with the long travel setup I was thinking about just starting with big tires, they say the fenders will for 40in tires so maybe bigger/wider tires would look pretty cool!??

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ok thanks. But until I can go with the long travel setup I was thinking about just starting with big tires, they say the fenders will for 40in tires so maybe bigger/wider tires would look pretty cool!??

You will not be able to use 40" tires on the front of these trucks without substantial work to the firewall. 37" tires are about as big as these trucks can handle without major fab work.

RaptorAddict.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

We all love those big 39", or 40" tires for sure! But take my word for it and stick with maximum 37" tires. Even applying 39's on the Smurfrunner, there was still altering of the fiberglass needed. Plus you will need to apply suspension which is shifted forward along with heavy modification to your firewall and core support. They will rub! It's a pretty big difference to be honest going from 37's to 39's. I'm happy with my 37's.