Eliminate bed sag when towing(less expensive)?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jef

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I added an extra leaf yesterday. No sag at all when towing. Only thing I need now are drop shackles because the back came up quite a bit. No difference in ride quality.

OP
OP
Tiberius

Tiberius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And that leads me to another question I should probably already know. Will the hitch being too high cause more compression on the truck? Right now I have it setup on the lowest setting but I have to put the tongue jack on highest setting just to get the trailer on there. I am wondering if my hitch was a little lower the trailer would balance itself out quicker thus less compression. So what is preferred height of hitch on truck and/ or relation to the trailer?

---------- Post added at 10:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 PM ----------

I added an extra leaf yesterday. No sag at all when towing. Only thing I need now are drop shackles because the back came up quite a bit. No difference in ride quality.
What did you use?

jef

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A local shop did the job. They put a leaf between the first and second leaf.
e675d67e36304f668925ab9dba8929c0.jpg

ITSALLGOOD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Saggy ass !

I would think the add a leaf would be a better option than a bump stop to solve the sagging issue ? I am looking for the best options as well after loading a pallet of pellets in the bed of the truck the other day (2000lbs) .

Had to unload have of them as the bed was sagging so bad . I guess 1300lbs is the max weight for the load carrying capacity in the bed ?

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
1030 is the payload capacity of the Raptor. That would include the driver/passengers as well.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score

jef

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So you still get axle hop?

Win $500 Freedom Motorsports shopping spree when you buy a raffle ticket for Avery:
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f195/november-pay-forward-event-38746/#post780993

I didn't do it for the axle hop. I did it for the bed sag. I have a lot of tools in my bed( I use it as a service truck) and an lpg tank( tank for cheap european fuel) where the spare wheel normally sits. Because of the weight and the midperch, the back of the truck was lower as the front. When i hooked up my trailer, the back sits even lower. Now with the extra leaf it doesn't sag anymore cause off the weight.

cayenne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tow up to near the limit with a Weight Distribution hitch with no sag at all. Are you sure you have the WD hitch configured properly? In complete seriousness with a 3800 lb trailer loaded with a 3K lb car it get less than a 1/4" of rear wheel well sag. All factory suspension.

OP
OP
Tiberius

Tiberius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tow up to near the limit with a Weight Distribution hitch with no sag at all. Are you sure you have the WD hitch configured properly? In complete seriousness with a 3800 lb trailer loaded with a 3K lb car it get less than a 1/4" of rear wheel well sag. All factory suspension.
The WD part of the hitch I know is setup properly. What I am wondering is maybe the hitch I have is just to high and I need to get a different one.