Chevy fanbois going crazy over Old Blazer vs. New Raptor...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trick.Raptor

The Cracker Raptor
Reaction score
FORD RAPTOR VS CLASSIC BLAZER | Speed Society

I guess when you take a old highly modified Blazer with an experienced drive and put it up against a Raptor which appears to be driven by someone not so experienced you have instant justification on why the Raptor is bad! Bad! BAD!

Many people (even those who don't like Raptors) asked how the Blazer would do against the Raptor in the open desert or if they plan on drag racing a '68 Corvette L88 against a Ford Taurus next...

I asked why they didn't put the Blazer up against a modern Chevy like the Reaper but lets face it... NOBODY wants a Reaper :)

D

Deleted member 12951

Granted, it might have been closer with a different driver but I doubt a stock raptor would of won anyways. In those conditions, the tires are going to make the biggest difference and going against something highly modified isn't really a comparison. Would of liked to see that blazer going through some high-speed whoops in the desert considering how much bouncing around it did just in that.

Greybeard

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I saw that video and commented on the fact that the Blazer was not stock and so it had an advantage. Also said for them to go find a highly modified Raptor and redo the race. Then when I went to show someone else the video my post had been taken down

HAYNES OFFROAD

aka Wreckless
Reaction score
I believe that was almost all driver experience there. Dude in raptor even got on the brakes going around the corner. Stock raptor with good snow tires and a good driver would of been even up.

scarrjack

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I find it hilarious how worked up people get over the manufacturer's of vehicles. I love the Raptor, but that doesn't make me hate Chevy's and Dodges and the people that drive them.
I had to stop reading through the comments because of how ridiculous some of them were.

Nv Guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pack up that blazer, bring it out here to NV and lets see what happens. I got about a 50 mile run where I would love to see what happens.

Unrealistic comparisons like this really insult everyone's intelligence.

6gun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya, I would love to have lined up 100 people (maybe even 100 of the top dumbassed commenters on the video) after the race and told them that they could pick between these two trucks but could only drive one of them home and keep it. Wonder how many would have picked the hot little K5 (including the trailer it rode in on).....IJS. Any comparison between these two trucks on any level is ludicrous.

Last edited:

Greybeard

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love my Raptor but if they told me I could have that K5 I would be happy to trailer it home as a toy. I really like that year range of Blazer would be fun to take it to the deer camp and romp the old fire trails with it. Lol