Any real evidence / chance values hold up?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D

Deleted member 12951

These paragraphs have nothing To do with the question. The point of this thread is to determine when the best time to sell if you want to upgrade to the 2017. Depreciation is to be expected but I'm not sure why you appear to be proud of losing money (more than necessary in this case).

I've read several threads lobbying that prices might remain stable but they were all emotional - just wondering if anyone had any facts to support that.

The question is stupid, the topic is stupid, the pros and cons are stupid. There is no question. Am I am not saying that with emotion.

You asked for real evidence. How in the heck can there be any evidence? Nobody can predict the future accurately when something is an unknown. Who can predict on an unknown when the best time to sell anything? Who hasn't wanted to know when the best time to sell a stock was, or a house, or anything for that matter. The question is stupid. Sorry but it is. And I am not saying your are stupid, far from it, the questions are stupid.

Who said I was proud of losing money? I am proud to own a raptor if I am proud about anything. I just don't care if the price drops, I still have my raptor. Vehicles drop that is a known. But this raptor will also have more resale than the same year F-150 no matter what trim level. Now that is actually an unknown and I am predicting that, so even my reply to stupid questions are stupid.

And btw, from your first post not sure if anyone figured out that the actual question or the intent of the question and list of pros and cons was supposed to lead to when the best time to sell your raptor. If you are concerned with that, I would suggest selling it now.

OP
OP
S

schaibaa

Reaction score
The question is stupid, the topic is stupid, the pros and cons are stupid. There is no question. Am I am not saying that with emotion.

You asked for real evidence. How in the heck can there be any evidence? Nobody can predict the future accurately when something is an unknown. Who can predict on an unknown when the best time to sell anything? Who hasn't wanted to know when the best time to sell a stock was, or a house, or anything for that matter. The question is stupid. Sorry but it is. And I am not saying your are stupid, far from it, the questions are stupid.

Who said I was proud of losing money? I am proud to own a raptor if I am proud about anything. I just don't care if the price drops, I still have my raptor. Vehicles drop that is a known. But this raptor will also have more resale than the same year F-150 no matter what trim level. Now that is actually an unknown and I am predicting that, so even my reply to stupid questions are stupid.

And btw, from your first post not sure if anyone figured out that the actual question or the intent of the question and list of pros and cons was supposed to lead to when the best time to sell your raptor. If you are concerned with that, I would suggest selling it now.

It is not stupid to consider the ramifications of buying and selling assets - quite the contrary. Based upon your responses you are viewing this through a very emotional lens. Local prices of my raptor seem to be close to what I paid.

You're mistaken if you don't think there are facts. Wholesale and trade in values could be trending up, they could be (probably are) trending down. That's probably the best evidence of the market. I'm still baffled that you think it is impossible to analyze things going on in the world and specific markets and not be able to gain additional actionable understanding. This is (on a much larger scale) how people accumulate wealth.

Way to be a ****, troll a thread, and not add any value.

Mariner

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wow, welcome to middle school.

Dude, you have 36 posts, so you probably shouldn't be calling long time members trolls. The fact of the matter is, you're comparing a truck that is very real, to a truck that's fictitious to most of us. How the hell can you even write pros and cons when you're going off a ford brochure and a few pictures of a 2017 Raptor. Vehicles depreciate. It's what happens. If you're so scared of losing depreciation money then you either should have bought a subaru, honda, or toyota. Those are known to hold value.

The fact of the matter is, most of us are proud to own a Gen 1 Raptor. Simple as that. So if you're looking for "pros and cons" go talk to Ford tech. I'm sure they'd love to tell you everything you want to know. Or do a simple search on the forum. This topic has been beaten to death, and quite honestly people are sick and tired of comparing the two. Sell and buy a new one, or don't. Nobody cares.

Last edited:

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nobody ever accumulated any real wealth by trying to time markets. And certainly not by investing in depreciating assets.

RDFTS is right. The Gen 1 Raptor will depreciate. But it's still going to depreciate slower than any other full size truck. So unless you plan to drive a Honda Accord or Toyota Camry for the next year, what's the point of this conversation?

D

Deleted member 12951

Dude, you have 36 posts, so you probably shouldn't be calling long time members trolls.

He signed up here a month before me so he has every right to be here as I do. Only difference is I decided to financially help support for the forum even though I did it not for financial gain but because it was an emotional reaction that made me feel good that I was helping a great forum.

It seems the OP intent was all about getting the GEN2 so he could get insight when best to sell. Perhaps this thread should be moved to the GEN2 section ( @KaiserM715 ) as I am still trying to figure out how to ignore that section in entirety until its actually released.

Mariner

FRF Addict
Reaction score
He signed up here a month before me so he has every right to be here as I do. Only difference is I decided to financially help support for the forum even though I did it not for financial gain but because it was an emotional reaction that made me feel good that I was helping a great forum.

I'm sorry, that's my mistake. I should have specified and said active and/or supporting member.

But really... a simple stroll though the 2017 forum will show this topic brought up a dozen times over. The search button works. I keep up with the forum using the new posts button, so these kinds of posts get really old. Until people start to purchase these trucks and we can compare apples to apples, these comparison topics are meaningless.

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
maybe if we go 88mph we would know...

Nah, I went 88 mph today on the way to brunch. And I still don't know when I should sell my depreciating Raptor. But I do know this, if someone finds out when the best time to sell my Raptor is to make the most money out of it, I'll still tell them to f'off because I love my truck and won't sell it until I'm ready!!!

Some one on FRF said it best - ask a stupid question, get a whole bunch of stupid answers.....