37" spare tire in the stock location?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheButcher

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Here is where you need to cut. Notice the white lines about half way down the spare tire holder. Cut that shit off and 37" will fit.

F95F04D7-DC3F-4E06-A722-5A241EA4EC03_zpszi57a0zo.jpg

Thanks for the pic. I assume the bumper then bolts back up to the two holes that don't get cut off. What are the bottom two holes for that you lose when you cut those sections out? Do you have to ditch the trailer hitch at that point?

Trying to fit a 37x13.50 Toyo MT.

oxfordraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for the pic. I assume the bumper then bolts back up to the two holes that don't get cut off. What are the bottom two holes for that you lose when you cut those sections out? Do you have to ditch the trailer hitch at that point?

Trying to fit a 37x13.50 Toyo MT.

Well I wish I could answer that part for you, however this was the result.

289DD8DE-1393-4EFE-898A-4920935AD3BD_zpsfkuyjbsp.jpg

RPG did the work so I didn't look how it was mounted back to the truck. Also had them fab me a chase rack so I don't hang the spare there. I just had them modify it while they were in there so if ever needed I could mount a 37" spare under the bed. Someone will chime in here. But yes with the new bumper my tow hitch was relocated 4.5" higher than stock.

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
Like Charlie said, 37" BFG AT will fit with no mods but it touches the exhaust so you probably want to wrap that part with insulating tape.

---------- Post added at 01:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:10 PM ----------

That's with the Corsa exhaust. Don't know about stock exhaust.

TheButcher

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Ahh, I see. Thanks again for the pic. As far as you know the spacing side to side on the frame isn't an issue, just the two frame horn sections you had to cut off? I might have to take the factory bumper off, cut the sections you noted, and fab something up to incorporate a bumper and hitch combo.

---------- Post added at 01:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:12 PM ----------

Like Charlie said, 37" BFG AT will fit with no mods but it touches the exhaust so you probably want to wrap that part with insulating tape.

---------- Post added at 01:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:10 PM ----------

That's with the Corsa exhaust. Don't know about stock exhaust.

Looking to do the Toyo M/T under there which I think might be a touch bigger than the BFG. It's got the Roush exhaust. Not sure how that routing compares to stock or the Corsa.

Bulletnjm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yea I have the rough exhaust and it gets tight even with the stock tire so I would just put the toyo in the bed

factive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was told my the tire shop that mounted my 37s that it was the exhaust getting in the way. Planning to cut it soon to see if that's true

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
If you go to a turn down, you should be fine.