2014 Raptor, Problem with SYNC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jeff Quinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yesterday morning, truck would not start. Dead battery. Put on charger and got truck started, but no sound from the radio. Ford dealer installed new battery. Now, her's the problem. The SYNC chick seems to listen to nothing that I say, as we I was married to the woman. She listened perfectly before. Now, she does nothing that I tell her to do.

Before taking this back to the dealer, is there a fix for this, like maybe a setting is not right or something? I ain't high-tech, so if there is a simple fix, I need a simple explanation of what to do.

Thanks gentlemen.

Jeff

Ditchplains1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Jeff Quinn,
Scary how wifelike it is!
Sync had an update available this summer that fixed the same problem for me in my '13. You can youtube videos on how to install it.
BE SURE to have about 30 minutes to do so. You can drive or idle for that time but you can't turn it off. Pretty straight forward to do. Just pay attention to the props, and know that there are at least two points where it looks like you're done...but you're not!
Eddie

Get the Latest Software Updates | MyFord Touch | Ford.com

ps you need a thumb drive to transfer the download from your computer to your Raptor...Cheers!

OP
OP
Jeff Quinn

Jeff Quinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Eddie.
For some reason, she started listening to me today.
Maybe she was just on her period! :)

Jeff